Trailblazer Forum banner

New TB Owner in Western NY

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Number6 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Picked up a Midnight Blue AWD last week, with NY winters the AWD is a must have.

Already looking into more mods. I started with an antenna swap (from the “whip” to the carbon fiber “stubby” replacement). Next is a headlight upgrade, then possibly some sound deadening panels.

Im looking forward to exploring the forum .

#3 ·
Thanks, brownactive,

The carbon fiber swap was a stubby one from Amazon that threads into the base and replaces the whip style. Thread out the old one, thread in the new one. Took me about 9 seconds total.

I didn’t do anything invasive (at least not yet lol). Next step is headlight bulbs and brake light bulbs. And to run the wires for a dash cam.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Trailblazer!

Reactions: Lance Link
#7 ·
Lance Link,
Welcome to the site. Please post a couple of pictures of your new ride. I think there are some people here who would be interested in seeing your antenna mod.
This antenna mod was actually from a post I found on this site (I’ll have to see if I can dig it up), but the carbon fiber antenna was $7 on Amazon.

I do need to clarify that the only part I’ve changed in regards to the antenna was the threaded shaft. As much as I wanted to change the base to a shark fin only, I’m not ready to start those kind of mods. Plus, the post/thread I referenced above also mentioned that they struggled to find a suitable replacement base.

I think it’s an improvement over the “go kart” antenna.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.