Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Β·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, great to see there's already a flourishing online community for the new TB.

Picking up my RS on Monday, but here are a few photos of it before any paperwork was signed. Apologies for the low resolution, I'll take some better ones if y'all would like when I pick her up.

Initially I wasn't sold on the RS's aesthetics, as I'm generally not a fan of 'performance' looks with no beef to back them up, but I came around to appreciate the thing for the role it's going to fulfill: a sensible, fun, daily driver that can move people all day and provide a couple smiles every now and then.

Looking forward to enjoying this car and learning more about the TB with all of you! First mod: cross-rails (waiting on more options to come into stock so fingers crossed!).

Cheers

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

Β·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations on the new Trailblazer @Artistico! You're going to have a blast driving it! Was there anything specific on the RS that you weren't sold on at first? What grew on you about it?

Β·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome @Artistico

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding on the Trailblazer?
Thanks for the welcome. I looked at the following cars other than the TBRS before making my decision: 6spd Subaru Crosstrek, Ford Escape, Buick Encore GX (the Trailblazer's companion car), Hyundai Kona, and the Kia Niro. Never got to look at a Kia Seltos as I couldn't find one in the area and needed a new car as soon as possible. :)

Β·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on the new Trailblazer @Artistico! You're going to have a blast driving it! Was there anything specific on the RS that you weren't sold on at first? What grew on you about it?
Thanks Willy! For me, I thought the RS looked like it was trying too hard based on the press photos that I had seen at the time. As I implied before, I am much more a fan of "all bite and no bark" than the opposite, and I felt the RS was all bark. I was more drawn to the LT and Activ trims, because they seemed a little bit more relaxed and reasonable. However, after seeing the RS in person, I admit that I completely changed my mind (as is the case with the majority of things that people criticize online before seeing in person, regardless of what it is LOL). Though I am still not a huge fan of the fake carbon-fiber weave featured on the RS's lower front bumper and rear simulated diffuser, the rest of the car's design language is actually quite sharp and the aesthetics are well refined. Also, the interior is very nice to look at with the black leatherette + red stitching combo, and it's just as comfortable as the other trims. Plus, the black badging around the car is just an absolute necessity; it really makes the thing 10x sleeker. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either the Activ or the RS if you're going for the top trim, as both fulfill their roles very nicely. :)

Β·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
155 Posts
Welcome to the site Artistico. You will love the little SUV we all have. I have cried (ha ha ha) about car manufacturers not making a mid price point suv in this case that offers 4x4 and roomy interior that is not big 4x4/Suv prices. If you need something for serious towing or off roading then yes buy one of those. But for what this is built for, the price point to get into one of these from 20k to a loaded 30k is awesome. I wish they would just do that now for a sports car. Put something that has v8 power just under the camaro v8 and chop off 5k of the price.

Β·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the site Artistico. You will love the little SUV we all have. I have cried (ha ha ha) about car manufacturers not making a mid price point suv in this case that offers 4x4 and roomy interior that is not big 4x4/Suv prices. If you need something for serious towing or off roading then yes buy one of those. But for what this is built for, the price point to get into one of these from 20k to a loaded 30k is awesome. I wish they would just do that now for a sports car. Put something that has v8 power just under the camaro v8 and chop off 5k of the price.
Thanks Tim, I'm excited for it. You're dead right by the way, the Trailblazer was a very necessary addition to their lineup and I think it's the perfect car for the job. Those who get hung up on the nameplate and its lineage are missing the point on this one. Cheers man!

Β·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
155 Posts
Yea there are those out there a little bent that it is not a REAL TB????? ha ha ha.

Β·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Willy! For me, I thought the RS looked like it was trying too hard based on the press photos that I had seen at the time. As I implied before, I am much more a fan of "all bite and no bark" than the opposite, and I felt the RS was all bark. I was more drawn to the LT and Activ trims, because they seemed a little bit more relaxed and reasonable. However, after seeing the RS in person, I admit that I completely changed my mind (as is the case with the majority of things that people criticize online before seeing in person, regardless of what it is LOL). Though I am still not a huge fan of the fake carbon-fiber weave featured on the RS's lower front bumper and rear simulated diffuser, the rest of the car's design language is actually quite sharp and the aesthetics are well refined. Also, the interior is very nice to look at with the black leatherette + red stitching combo, and it's just as comfortable as the other trims. Plus, the black badging around the car is just an absolute necessity; it really makes the thing 10x sleeker. Regardless, you can't go wrong with either the Activ or the RS if you're going for the top trim, as both fulfill their roles very nicely. :)
The black badges are an underrated part of the RS, especially with your TB's paint.

Β·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The RS styling combined with the 1.3 and AWD is a great combo. We're almost at 3k miles now and have no complaints. It's a great little SUV!

Steve

Reactions: Artistico

Β·
Registered
17 Posts
The gray exterior on the RS looks very good to me. The contrast with the black cladding on wheel wells is a great balance.

I also like the red exterior on RS. One of the few red cars I would ever consider.

im not sold on the RS red accent trim pieces on interior though. I’d prefer LTs standard trim. The red just seems unnecessary spunk but then I am old

1 - 12 of 12 Posts