2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Nice to see a forum for the new TB. I first saw one at the auto show in March. They had a preproduction Activ. It was not available to sit in and find out how it would feel. When I heard they would be out this spring I kept checking every couple of weeks to see when any dealer would have them.
I have had mine now for two weeks. I have yet to see another one on the road. I do know the dealer I bought from has sold a few more since. It is a Scarlet Red LT AWD. So it has the 1.3T w/ 9 speed auto. I also own a red 2002 TB LT 4WD, and while these vehicles are not the same class. I can say I love the new one. I am 6'3" and like to wear baseball caps and this vehicle has lots of headroom and shoulder room. Rear seating is good for tall people too. Power is very good considering engine size. I was surprised how well it gets up to speed. I was the first to buy one from the dealership. They had about 10 on hand to look at. Even though mine is what I will call a base LT it has enough features I want. Some of the other stuff is nice, but not what I call necessary for my needs. The only two options I wished it had was the larger 8" screen. (Nothing wrong with the 7" screen) It just looks a little plain because of a wider rimmed bezel around it. The second being dual exhaust tips like the Active & RS models. People wondering, will be glad to know that the muffler on the LT does has two exhaust pipes(one on each side) under the rear bumper. I may look into getting the RS rear panel and have nice stainless steel tips welded on.
Part of my purchase is for the weathertech floor mats. I emailed weathertech and they responded that the mats would not be available until October. At least it will be before winter.
I have been looking for vendors to have vehicle specific accessories. Currently I have found nothing other than what Chevrolet has to offer(which isn't very much). Which is expected with such a new model. So vendors if you are out there, please take notice.
I believe these are going to sell very well. I look forward to seeing what others have bought/leased. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will respond when I can.
One thing I am surprised about is that I have not seen a single commercial or magazine ad for this vehicle.

·
Registered
Love my little RS! ❤️
18 Posts
Hi! I'm picking mine up today and I'm very excited! It rolled off the truck on Wednesday and I signed on it 4 hours LATER :) MINE! 😁
I was curious about the weather mats too cause I'm in NH and winter is brutal! ❄😕

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI DPJake, Welcome to the forum.
You have a nice looking new set of wheels. I hope you are already enjoying it.
I bought a interior and exterior protection package and part of the deal is the WeatherTech mats. My dealer offered me the Chevy version, but they are not the same. I was origially told it might be a few weeks. Which I was okay with, since it is spring time and the likely hood of snow has diminished. As I looked for other accessories I found that there is nothing out there right now. So I started contacting companies to see what the timetables may be. WeatherTech told me around October.Guess I will have to wait. I am also trying to get someone to lasercut a keychain that has the bodylines of the new TB. I have one for my old TB.

·
Registered
Love my little RS! ❤️
18 Posts
Ohhh, nice :), keep me in the loop about the accessories and that keychain, I absolutely love this RS.... October would be perfect, hopeful it stays on the time line for that... I finally have heated seats in my life but not looking forward to using them lol Brrrrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used our GM rewards points to put towards the Chevy floor liners and rear mat. I just got them a couple days ago. They seem like good quality.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JMHALL,
Thank you for the update. That is a drastic change since I inquired.

Dgraydog,
Thank you for the pics. Seeing them installed is a big plus. Are they installed over the carpeted mats or do you have to take the carpet mats out? I like that they say Chevrolet, although it would have been better had they said TRAILBLAZER. One more thing did yours come with the rear seat mat, or just the fronts?

I wish Weathertech had actual finished product pictures installed on the website to compare.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JMHALL,
Thank you for the update. That is a drastic change since I inquired.

Dgraydog,
Thank you for the pics. Seeing them installed is a big plus. Are they installed over the carpeted mats or do you have to take the carpet mats out? I like that they say Chevrolet, although it would have been better had they said TRAILBLAZER. One more thing did yours come with the rear seat mat, or just the fronts?

I wish Weathertech had actual finished product pictures installed on the website to compare.
You remove the carpeted mats and replace them with the liners. Here is a shot of the rear seat mat that is part of the package.
I also bought the rear cargo are mat and here is a picture of that.

·
Registered
Love my little RS! ❤️
18 Posts
Great pictures.... I like the rear cargo mat.... Mostly my dirty hiking boots goes there so that'll be a big help.... I'll look at weathertech website for this.... Thanks :)

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DPJake,
I believe you can also turn the rear tray over and there is a smooth side. Easier to wipe off until you buy a matt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts