Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Vivid Orange Trailblazer Activ AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently own a 2021 Bolt EV LT that I bought in March and now at 12,000 miles and counting. As with all Bolts, it has a recall for the battery. I am pursuing a repurchase exchange from Chevy that I initiated on 8/22. They agreed to exchange a TB for my Bolt. The dealer is holding a loaded Vivid Orange Activ for me. The wait is driving me nuts. I should have the TB sometime early December.

I was at the mercy of Chevy to agree to the exchange and time was passing quickly. I shopped for TBs with the technology package exclusively. There weren’t many in my area at any given time. I would see one or two available but then shortly sold. When Chevy agreed there was only 1 within 100 miles of my home. I prefer the RS but like the rugged look of the Activ tires and also prefer the higher sidewall. Orange was not my first choice for sure but I really like it. So now I’m going from a “clown car”, as it has been called, to a creamsicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2021 Trailblazer and a 2017 Prius Prime. I recently checked the insurance bill and found I'm paying about $500 more a year for the older Prius. Your Bolt is probably about the same as the Prius to insure.
You can look forward to much cheaper insurance with the Trailblazer.
The extra insurance costs pretty much offset the fuel savings of the Prius and the Trailblazer is so much nicer to drive.

BTW. I have the technology package. I really wanted that for the dynamic cruise control.
It's a great feature for highway trips.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I currently own a 2021 Bolt EV LT that I bought in March and now at 12,000 miles and counting. As with all Bolts, it has a recall for the battery. I am pursuing a repurchase exchange from Chevy that I initiated on 8/22. They agreed to exchange a TB for my Bolt. The dealer is holding a loaded Vivid Orange Activ for me. The wait is driving me nuts. I should have the TB sometime early December.

I was at the mercy of Chevy to agree to the exchange and time was passing quickly. I shopped for TBs with the technology package exclusively. There weren’t many in my area at any given time. I would see one or two available but then shortly sold. When Chevy agreed there was only 1 within 100 miles of my home. I prefer the RS but like the rugged look of the Activ tires and also prefer the higher sidewall. Orange was not my first choice for sure but I really like it. So now I’m going from a “clown car”, as it has been called, to a creamsicle.

View attachment 1214

That's a sick color ... burnt orange, enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Trailblazer and a 2017 Prius Prime. I recently checked the insurance bill and found I'm paying about $500 more a year for the older Prius. Your Bolt is probably about the same as the Prius to insure.
You can look forward to much cheaper insurance with the Trailblazer.
The extra insurance costs pretty much offset the fuel savings of the Prius and the Trailblazer is so much nicer to drive.

BTW. I have the technology package. I really wanted that for the dynamic cruise control.
It's a great feature for highway trips.
The insurance is actually the same. I’m looking forward to the adaptive cruise. I use cruise all the time and have to constantly have my finger on the button to adjust speed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome color, I have a new camaro ordered in that color
There are so many more Orange cars on the road than I thought now that I’m paying attention. Mostly Subarus. Not a single Camaro. I remember waaaaay back, there was a new Orange IROC-Z at my local dealer that I wanted so bad. I ended up with a red one, just like everyone else had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts