Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
20 Posts
I was happy that just a check engine light didn't take away functions like being able to use cruise control like on my Subaru I used to have. Super annoying.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
780 Posts
I have heard that a blinking check engine light is not good for any code and that it should be taken to a dealer asap. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,072 Posts
I have heard that a blinking check engine light is not good for any code and that it should be taken to a dealer asap. Can anyone confirm that?
Yes, that's correct. A flashing check engine light (CEL) is a warning that continued use will damage the engine or catalytic converter. If the CEL is flashing do not drive the vehicle, have it towed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What is a purge valve? We test drove an RS FWD and it surprised us. So we put money down on a fully loaded (all four packages) ACTIV AWD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What is a purge valve? We test drove an RS FWD and it surprised us. So we put money down on a fully loaded (all four packages) ACTIV AWD
Part of the evap system (emissions), controls gas vapors to reduce air pollution.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think GM should just recall the damn thing. Seems to be widespread issue slowly.
Recalls are only for safety issues, so no recall will be issued for this problem, but I agree the purge pump GM is using is clearly defective and needs to be addressed asap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
NICE. Did you find one on a lot or ordered?
My wife went an test drove one 3 weeks ago (RS FWD had sun& lift, technology, but it only had the drivers confidence II pkg). My wife wanted the blind spot detection and this didn't have it. The dealership had this ACTIV coming in fully loaded for $32,750 that wasn't spoken for. We threw a deposit on it, they called and said it was in last Thursday..picked it up yesterday.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts