Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some honest information on build quality, drive ability, and impression of Activ AWD with a 1.3L turbo.

At $30k for a small SUV I wonder if I it is a good long term purchase.

We are 60 yrs old and want some honest feed back from an owner. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable telling your thoughts on the forum.

Thanks

Bill

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
751 Posts
I have had an Activ for almost 2 years. Just a loose coolant line to the turbo was an issue for us.
If you look through the forums there have been other issues with these model, mind you they are NEW models, not having been built for years and the bugs worked out of them. Don't let the 3 cyc motor scare you, the activ model scoots rather easy. I think the price point is good for this trim line. For can't touch the next level 4x4 in any class with similar options for 30K.
Clearly the jury is out and will be for some time what the long term outlook for quality will be. Thus far in most consumer report type of magz it is faring rather well in rankings. If you can spend a little money for the extras' that is avail with these.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
I find them fun for zipping drives around town, good perk on the HWY. For long trips, say over 5 hours the seats are a little stiff.
You will not see many around town which is cool. To date I think only about 80k have been made/shipped to the states.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT AWD Blue Glow Metallic
11 Posts
I have a 2022 Trailblazer LT AWD. Bought it in October. So far its been a great car. Fun to drive and very versatile. Its loaded except for adaptive cruise control and wireless phone charger. I have put about 3500 kms on it so far, all city driving. So far its been a great purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I need some honest information on build quality, drive ability, and impression of Activ AWD with a 1.3L turbo.

At $30k for a small SUV I wonder if I it is a good long term purchase.

We are 60 yrs old and want some honest feed back from an owner. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable telling your thoughts on the forum.

Thanks

Bill
I've driven the 022 model Activ since Sep 21, and so far its been excellent.
A 1000 plus mile road trip was taken before it oil change with zero complaints.
You'll enjoy the ride and smoothness of operation.

·
Registered
2021 TrailBlazer Activ AWD, June 2021, Grey w/ White Top, fully-loaded
4 Posts
I have a fully-loaded 2021 Activ AWD. Built in late April 2021 and purchased brand new in June 2021. ZERO issues and complaints, love it. Can talk forever about this vehicle and praise it to the heavens if you want to hear.

·
Registered
2021 chevy trailblazer activ
19 Posts
Hi, Mine is 2021 active fwd. It has most of the packages, except for the sun and hands free lift. I love it and think that often while driving it lol. My advice is sit in one. The seat bottoms are shorter than usual so make sure it fits you. I like the view out of the windshield, you are sitting up nice and high. The headlights are amazing and the auto high beams are great. It is higher off the ground which is great for snow, getting out is easier, getting in you have to step up a bit. It has some zip. The lane assist is still weird to me, You can turn it on or off. Mine is still on but it is odd to suddenly feel the wheel gently steering me back to center when I was trying to avoid a pothole lol. The automatic braking only engaged one time, the day I was driving it home, probably saved me from rear ending a car that suddenly stopped in front of me. I like the blindside lights that blink on the mirror if someone is coming up on me. The back is roomy for my groceries. My phone just connects as soon as I get in the car. If I am going somewhere I can press android auto and maps come up. I press the speaker and tell it where I am going and its displayed on the 8 inch screen turn by turn. If I get a text, I long press the button and ask it to read it to me. after it reads it I am offered to send a reply. I took the front wheel drive as it was what was available, It does have a snow driving mode. It is less cost than the all wheel, better fuel economy and less to need repairs. I live in NJ, so we do get snow, but to be honest, I would rather stay home than be driving in it. The heated seats are another plus, it heats both the seat and the back of it. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
The lane departure feature I for the longest to fight it to change lanes. I did not know when you hit the turn signal to change lanes it over rides it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The lane departure feature I for the longest to fight it to change lanes. I did not know when you hit the turn signal to change lanes it over rides it.
Yea, me too, at first it just felt rude. I do use my turn signals most of the time. It still gets me on those put holes though, I'm trying to avoid them and suddenly my steering wheel wants to go back.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+2022 Silverado 1500 RST Z71)
103 Posts
2021 Trailblazer Activ AWD, about 25k miles, including a cross-country trip with a variety of windy, wet, icy, and snowy weather.

So far, the only issue I've had is that the seal around the sunroof popped up a couple of different times during extremely high cross-winds on the highway. It was easy to pop back into place, though, and I've never experienced any water leaks because of it. I expect it's a one-off issue that hasn't affected many (if any) others.

I really enjoy that the Trailblazer is just so easy to drive. I consider myself a "car guy" and I really enjoy driving cars of all types, but some vehicles are simply more stressful to drive than others. I find that the Trailblazer isn't mentally or physically taxing in any way. By all means, it's no cocoon of coddling luxury. But it functions beautifully without a lot of thought, and that makes it quite relaxing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've owned our '21 RS for about a year, 11K+ miles, no issues other than the "Service Power Steering" warning just came on again for the 2nd time since new. It's actually going in tomorrow to get the module flashed. We've taken it on a couple 1,100 mile round trips, it's pretty comfortable on 500 mile stretches, and it does pretty well on mileage-25+ to 27 mpg driving it 80-85, and its the AWD. We also live in Montana and have a reasonably steep driveway and the TB is a little sure-footed mountain goat! We're impressed with all the safety features, love its looks & it's pep. It has the 3 banger w/turbo & will easily out-perform the Eco Tec 4's that the 'Nox's have. My wife told me not to buy it in the beginning, but she is definitely in love with it now and gets non-stop compliments, EVERYONE loves the Oasis Blue. I'm a Chevy guy anyway, but I would rather have the TB than any other SUV in it's class.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
19 Posts
I have a 21' RS AWD. I work out of it. Bought it n late October last year. Approaching 70k miles. Have let the dealership maintain everything to spec to keep records with the abundance of miles being put on it. Only issue I had was the purge valve went out on it. I have a feeling it was because of the one time I fueled it up while running. I only run Premium fuel because this was the first vehicle with a turbo I have heard of that doesn't require premium. I run a K&N air filter and with my car fully loaded with collapsible ladders and about 500lbs of equipment still run backroads @ 60mph with 32 mpg and freeway @ 80-85 mph with 28-30 mpg. AWD mode does not seem to affect mpg from my observation. It is remarkable and I love this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
We had the purge valve go out also. Seems that has been a big issues with these. We also have the dealer service everything as GM requires so when my GM warranty goes the extended that came with it for life will fix most things in the driveline for free, no deductible.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
I don't know if that part would be under my post GM, LIFETIME WARRANTY. It is not part of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
I had to pay a deductible for the purge valve. Was like hundred something instead of a $340 part
Should have been free if you had less than 36k miles. Bumper to Bumper is 3 years or 36k miles, Powertrain is 5 years or 60k miles.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
I'm certain I was over 36k. But I did purchase the 100k warranty. Idk, guess part of the terms are a deductible?
That makes sense. Too bad the Powertrain warranty doesn't include the small parts attached to the engine. Smart move on the 100k warranty especially if you plan on keeping it that long.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
19 Posts
That makes sense. Too bad the Powertrain warranty doesn't include the small parts attached to the engine. Smart move on the 100k warranty especially if you plan on keeping it that long.
It was a well worth investment. I traded in 2 vehicles that both have had new engines, 1 needed all new suspension, the other had 300k on it. I needed to make money not spend time wrenching.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We had the purge valve go out also. Seems that has been a big issues with these. We also have the dealer service everything as GM requires so when my GM warranty goes the extended that came with it for life will fix most things in the driveline for free, no deductible.
What’s the symptoms of a bad purge valve? Did you notice something different going on with the car?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts