Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Trailblazer. There's a few accessories, but the aftermarket is slow to catch up due to all the covid delays.

Reactions: JoeyTB

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a handful of stuff from overseas, but nothing spectacular. Heck, we just now finally got a K&N air filter listing but they havent started shipping yet. if you look through the forum here there is some accessories, but they are mostly boring at this point. Covid really slowed things down.
That's crazy, I really expected BNR or other tuning companies to get into this platform since it's now in 3 different vehicles.

·
Registered
915 Posts
That's crazy, I really expected BNR or other tuning companies to get into this platform since it's now in 3 different vehicles.
GM is using encrypted software that's very hard to crack. My guess is that it will take a few years before anyone offers a tune for the Trailblazer. It's also possible nobody will do it unless the demand is there. The C8 for example can't be tuned at all. GM locked it down pretty good. I'm hoping that someone like K&N or AFE will make a intake kit for us. The exhaust system is very simple so making your own system won't be very hard. I'm starting to build my own exhaust right, just waiting on more stainless steel tubing.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think that the 2018 Trax had encrypted software also, and i was able to get a flash from Trifecta Performance.

But what i really want is a way to disable to the auto shutoff
There are a few companies out there who make a plug in harness that disables the auto start/stop. I contacted 2 of them and they were happy to make one for us, but they wanted me to bring my Trailblazer in which posed a big problem. They're on the east coast and I'm west coast so that didn't work, lol. Maybe someone here who lives back east can offer up their Trailblazer?

Trifecta makes tunes for several vehicles, but their tune will void your warranty since the computer records any aftermarket tune that alters the factory tune. GM techs can see the history even if you remove the tune before taking it in for any work. This is the main reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on one of their tunes for my ZR2. Once that warranty is gone, it's time to have fun. 😎

1 - 18 of 18 Posts