Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this does not violate any forum rules.

Searching Amazon I found this for the new TB's. Those of you with the red stitched interiors might find this a nice additional touch.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
133 Posts
I ordered that rubber mat kit the other day, but it won't be here for another couple weeks. I also have the same kit in my 2018 Colorado ZR2 and really like it, so it only made sense to get one for the new Trailblazer.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one too. Then I remembered my TB does not have the red stitching. I guess I still have it in my head from the Equinox having the red stitching. I was going to message the seller and see if there were any plans for a gray outline version.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought one too. Then I remembered my TB does not have the red stitching. I guess I still have it in my head from the Equinox having the red stitching. I was going to message the seller and see if there were any plans for a gray outline version.
I'll take some pics and post and post them here so other members can see them. When I was ordering them for my Colorado ZR2 they offered red, blue and gray as options. Maybe they do have gray? Might be worth asking the vendor?

Steve

Reactions: DPJake

·
Registered
Love my little RS AWD! ❤️
39 Posts

Searching Amazon I found this for the new TB's. Those of you with the red stitched interiors might find this a nice additional touch.
Hi! I have the I red stitched interior... Thanks, appreciate the info, I'm going to order now 🙂🙂👍

·
Registered
Love my little RS AWD! ❤️
39 Posts

Now if I can find something matching to hold my phone...

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did send a message to see if there would be a gray option. They responded and said as of now, no. Apparently they have a black option that is not advertised yet. I would have to see it, but I don’t believe it would give the look I am looking for. I am going to respond and advocate for a gray option. It looks like they offer multiple color options for other vehicles, so it should be able to add to their options. I personally can see a market for other options, as people will start taking some of the trim pieces off and having them hydro dipped for color changes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got mine too, lol. Since it's 104 out where I live, I'll wait till tomorrow to install them.

Steve

·
Registered
133 Posts
It took me a while to figure out where all the little mats went, but I didn't have any left over, so that's good, lol. The only place missing a mat is the little cubby in the back seat area where the charging port & ac plug are. The mats that could fit better are the rear door cup holders and the wireless charger pad under the climate control panel. It looks like that mat was made for a lower model package without the wireless charger. Everything else fit pretty good.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZR2LIFE,
Will you post pics of what the rear lower door panels look like installed? Maybe the RS models have different door panels, but they do not seem to fit for an LT model w/o the red stitching. I want to compare. I will post some pics later with my thoughts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ZR2LIFE,
Will you post pics of what the rear lower door panels look like installed? Maybe the RS models have different door panels, but they do not seem to fit for an LT model w/o the red stitching. I want to compare. I will post some pics later with my thoughts.
When I read your post I started laughing because I said the same thing except I was thinking these must be made for an LT and not as RS, lol. I tried putting them in about 8 different ways and found they only sort of fit one way.

As you can see it's not a good fit like the rest of them, but it's the only way I could make any sense of it all. I'm pretty sure the rear door panels are the same between all models, unless there's something different on the Activ, but I doubt it. :unsure:

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used the Amazon pics. Everything referenced a number and where to place them.
First I will start with the negatives. Fitment issues.1. Passenger dash. Poor fit, can not get it to lay flat,not exactly the correct shape either(See pic). 2. Lower rear doors. I am not sure what they were thinking. They do not follow the design of the door at all. I can not get mine to stay in place(see pic) 3. Glove box. Again does not follow the design as well as it should.(see pic) 4. the two pieces behind the shifter. Probably should be made into one piece with a step in it. They fit ok, but would have been better as one piece(see pic) 5. They should be a little more rigid/thicker.
Pluses 1. The rest fit pretty well(see pics). 2. I really like the look.
~7670042.jpg ~3434522.jpg ~4955223.jpg ~3345851.jpg ~4072937.jpg ~8109090.jpg

If they all fit properly, I would be more excited about them. I have one piece left over as mine does not have the rear fold down armrest with cup holder. I am going to send the seller an email with my feedback

·
Registered
133 Posts
I soaked all my mats in very hot water prior to installing them which did help them lay flat, but I'm sure a few days in a hot car will do the same. I was even paranoid that these mats came directly from China so I added soap to that hot water as well, lol. The mats that didn't fit well for me were the rear door cup holders and the wireless charger pad up front. The rest of them had an acceptable fit. The rear door cup holder mats don't fit great, but I managed to figure out how to make them work. If I was doing a review I would mention some of these shortfalls and given them a 3-4 stars out of 5. I also like how they look especially with the red RS trim my Trailblazer has.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did lay the dash tray one out in the sun for a few hours and that one is now flat and fits much better. I too really like the look even though I do not have the red trim(I Do have Scarlet Red paint, so it does give it a little bit of accent touch) I will be curious to see what they say about the lower rear door pieces and the glovebox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts