Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Going to be a New Trailblazer owner come Monday. Trading in my 2 year old 2018 Buick Encore. It was between the Encore GX and Trailblazer and I believe the Trailblazer wins hands down on looks and price. Took the 1.3 Trailblazer for a test drive and noticed the much better pickup right off the start. I do have the lower HP Encore and there is definitely a nice difference in the power when hitting the gas peddle. Anyways just introducing myself as a new owner in a couple of days.:cool:

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
867 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What trim level did you get on your Trailblazer?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
TheRealSlickWilly,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride. What made you decide to upgrade? Please post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheRealSlickWilly,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride. What made you decide to upgrade? Please post some pics when you can.
I guess I was bored, lol. Only had 11K on my 18 Encore which was bought new in 19 from the dealer. My main focus was if I could trade in and have the same payment as I had on the Encore I would go for it, Well other then the extra 2 years I will be paying on the Trailblazer. Will work out that way and thus my change to the Trailblazer. More room and a nicer pick up and go feeling and I was sold.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm now officially an owner! I will take some shots if weather cooperates tomorrow. Definitely enjoy the new tech that is added and really notice a size difference from my original Encore. I dont know WHY anyone would buy a trax with the Trailblazer available. Went with the Encore 2 years ago because in my opinion the trax looks like ass.:oops:Only issue now is to get GM to get me my family's employee discount, which after losing my Dad last year is more of a pain then I thought it would be. Anyways a happy first day owner.

Edit: Well I do have a shot when I bought a few days ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats! 😃 That’s a really nice color, I’ve had mine for a over a month and I’m also really liking all the new tech. It's a really fun car to drive I haven't enjoyed a car as much as this one in a long time. Good luck with it!

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
I like driving it. I have a Challenger with the 5.7 and naturally it is pretty fast but the TB is just fun about town. Zippy, fun ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm now officially an owner! I will take some shots if weather cooperates tomorrow. Definitely enjoy the new tech that is added and really notice a size difference from my original Encore. I dont know WHY anyone would buy a trax with the Trailblazer available. Went with the Encore 2 years ago because in my opinion the trax looks like ass.:oops:Only issue now is to get GM to get me my family's employee discount, which after losing my Dad last year is more of a pain then I thought it would be. Anyways a happy first day owner.

Edit: Well I do have a shot when I bought a few days ago.

View attachment 769
The GM plan is called the Family Legacy. You are eligible if your mom and dad have passed away. You have it for life, but can’t pass it on to your offspring. Pay close attention to the max amount that the dealer can charge for their rip-off prep fee. I had to educate my dealer on that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GM plan is called the Family Legacy. You are eligible if your mom and dad have passed away. You have it for life, but can’t pass it on to your offspring. Pay close attention to the max amount that the dealer can charge for their rip-off prep fee. I had to educate my dealer on that.
Yea the dealer had me faxing in the wrong form to Family Legacy and yesterday I ended up faxing to a different location as my Mom is still here. I think the whole process is ridiculous for my Mom to have to fax in every time she wants a discount code but I guess it is what it is. Now waiting on the code from the second fax in. And fax? why not Email? They specifically state not to try and send it via Email. Almost no one has a fax machine at home these days.:censored:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curious what that max prep fee is? And what actually is part of the process?
Yea the dealer had me faxing in the wrong form to Family Legacy and yesterday I ended up faxing to a different location as my Mom is still here. I think the whole process is ridiculous for my Mom to have to fax in every time she wants a discount code but I guess it is what it is. Now waiting on the code from the second fax in. And fax? why not Email? They specifically state not to try and send it via Email. Almost no one has a fax machine at home these days.:censored:
It’s worth the inconvenience for the amount you save with the family plan. Your mom will get a password to sign on to the website to get established. The dealer prep fee will be revealed there. You can get the authorization number via website for each transaction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s worth the inconvenience for the amount you save with the family plan. Your mom will get a password to sign on to the website to get established. The dealer prep fee will be revealed there. You can get the authorization number via website for each transaction.
Yep GM got back to us today, all setup and authorization incoming, surprised the dealer allowed delivery beforehand. Not sure what options they would have if I didn't come up with the code.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts