Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, new 2021 RS. I went to go install the rear license plate after removing the temp tag and don’t see a place for the screws, just these two depressions in the plastic. Is there some sort of mounted bracket that’s supposed to be installed first before the license plate?
Wpwq

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
142 Posts
This is most definitely something the dealer should have done for you. There is no bracket. There are 4 tiny little indents that are the spots for the license plate mounting. The screws supplied by Chevy are pointy self-threading screws. Did the dealer even give you those? Usually the mounting kit is with the spare tire. You should also have the front plate bracket.

Here's a picture of mine. at the very top of the photo are the screws.

In your photo, I can just see the upper left indent

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
356 Posts
The Luke legend,
First welcome to the forum. I have never understood why manufacturers don’t supply a rear bracket. At the least, there should be some type of replaceable inserts provided. A little too tight and the hole is enlarged. Making the plate not as secure.
Is that an adhesive residue where your plate should be?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Something does not look right, looks like they used some two sided sticky tape instead of drilling? You can go to walmart/autozone etc and get a license plate screw kit for a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a bracket I need for the rear license plate then? It come with the front one but nothing for the rear. Kinda odd

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
Is there a bracket I need for the rear license plate then? It come with the front one but nothing for the rear. Kinda odd
No bracket for the front, just drill 2 holes where the indentations are. We used some stainless screws with nylon locking nuts along with a silicone license plate holder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts