Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer ACTIV FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband was washing my car and discovered a button while detailing the inside that made the horn honk. Sitting in the driver seat, it’s just to the right of your legs, on the outside part of the section that has all the buttons (auto start/stop, LKA, etc). It’s not labeled, no icon or picture on it, and I couldn’t for the life of me find it in the manual. Any idea what the function of this button is?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
Do you have a picture of the button you're talking about? Maybe dealer installed anti theft?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
Definitely dealer installed. Probably anti theft device to protect vehicles at the dealership. I would ask them to show you how it works or remove it if you don't want it.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer ACTIV FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely dealer installed. Probably anti theft device to protect vehicles at the dealership. I would ask them to show you how it works or remove it if you don't want it.
Thank you! My first oil change will be there (no cost) so I’ll definitely be asking about it. Couldn’t get it to honk again after that first time, so now I’m even more stumped lol. It was in the show room when I bought it, so maybe that’s related?? Anyways, thank you for your reply!

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
That is screwed into the dash. When taken up will leave a small ugly spot in the dash pad.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
The wire looks like it is coming up between the dash parts. Very odd.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would be upset if a dealer installed unwanted aftermarket items onto my new car.

As @brownactive said, this has permanently damaged that interior panel, and that's only what is visible in that photo. Who knows what was done elsewhere for this added system or other aftermarket additions...

Yikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts