Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The my Chevrolet app. Is pretty useless but I just applied the latest update and now it’s even worse. At least prior to the update the vehicle status would update with the vehicle diagnostics test results. Now it doesn’t even do that. Now it says I have a “device attached preventing the tests from completing and disconnect the device”. I, of course, have no devices attached to the diagnostic port. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it but it still doesn’t work. Does anybody else have this same problem?

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
I have no issues with the app either. If you have OnStar service, I would run it past an advisor. If there's nothing they see from a software/setup side, it could be something wrong with the diagnostic port? But I suspect it's on the software side side it only occurred once you updated the app.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, I’ll check with onStar but I doubt it’s anything to do with the car. I think it’s a software problem with the latest update. Everything was working ok until I applied the latest update.

One of the main problems I have with the app is that a couple of updates back they completely overhauled the interface. Prior to the update the remote unlock and engine start worked really good. My wife has a Traverse and on cold mornings she’d start the car to warm it up. Now, it’s really sluggish, I see a lot of complaints on the App Store about this, you have to hold the remote start or unlock for 30-50 seconds before it works.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
I hate to hear that you're having issues with the app. I have been pleased with the update for both my Chevrolet and Cadillac apps and haven't really had any issues. (Admittedly, I do get a random error message in the app sometimes for my Cadillac CT6, but it never affects functionality after I clear the message, and I didn't have the CT6 while I had the old version of the app, so I can't compare. But I never had issues with the old or "new" version of the app while I had my previous Caddy.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate to hear that you're having issues with the app. I have been pleased with the update for both my Chevrolet and Cadillac apps and haven't really had any issues. (Admittedly, I do get a random error message in the app sometimes for my Cadillac CT6, but it never affects functionality after I clear the message, and I didn't have the CT6 while I had the old version of the app, so I can't compare. But I never had issues with the old or "new" version of the app while I had my previous Caddy.)
Curious, do you have the Android app or the Apple app? I have the Apple app.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Curious, do you have the Android app or the Apple app? I have the Apple app.
Good question! I have Android, so that may make a difference.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am also using the android app. I have had random errors with remote start, but it still starts. other than that the app has been solid.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am also using the android app. I have had random errors with remote start, but it still starts. other than that the app has been solid.
That is probably the difference. I’m using the Apple app. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max so it shouldn’t be an issue with incompatible hardware.
The app has had a lot of issues since they overhauled the user interface. Sometimes when I open it, all I’d get is a black screen. Closing the app wouldn’t fix it or rebooting my phone wouldn’t work either. The only way I’d be able to get it back would be to uninstall and reinstall it again.

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
18 Posts
No issues here on an iPhone 12 running the latest version of IOS.

The only time I’ve ever seen that message is when my vehicle was in for service. Might be worth a call to your local dealer or on star rep like others have mentioned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I used some compressed air to blow out the OBD2 socket. A few sand granules came out of it which I guess might have been shorting it across the connectors. I have no idea how sand could have gotten into the connector.
Now the app is working OK again. I ordered a cap from eBay for the connector to keep this from happening again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received the OBD2 socket cover and put it on. That should keep the socket clear of getting any more debris in it in the future. I don’t know why these little covers aren’t standard on the cars from the factory.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
It is a bit surprising, that they are not covered for protection. Crazy you had sand in it. Have you been to the beach on a windier day with the car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a bit surprising, that they are not covered for protection. Crazy you had sand in it. Have you been to the beach on a windier day with the car?
Haven’t been to the beach but they do put a lot of sand and grit on the roads around here in the northeast during the winter. Could be I had sand on my clothes or shoes and brushed the socket while getting in or out of the car and didn’t notice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts