Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought it about two weeks ago I have less that 100 miles on it, I was driving it the other day and my check engine light came on so I call the dealership to make an appointment. I get there and waited about 30 to 40 minutes and the guy came out and said that my transmission pump in bad and that they don't recommend diving it because my transmission can go, burn up.

So I had to leave it with them, they said that they can get some of the parts from other dealership but some of the parts they have to order them, well, with things the way they are to order parts in this crazy world could take months, I'm looking at about two to three months before they can get the part and replaces all of the parts, I could be wrong, but I will see.

· Registered
39 Posts
I just bought it about two weeks ago I have less that 100 miles on it, I was driving it the other day and my check engine light came on so I call the dealership to make an appointment. I get there and waited about 30 to 40 minutes and the guy came out and said that my transmission pump in bad and that they don't recommend diving it because my transmission can go, burn up.

So I had to leave it with them, they said that they can get some of the parts from other dealership but some of the parts they have to order them, well, with things the way they are to order parts in this crazy world could take months, I'm looking at about two to three months before they can get the part and replaces all of the parts, I could be wrong, but I will see.
Sorry to hear that, you would think gm would have a few spare engines and transmissions for customers in case of a failure

· Registered
2023 Chevy Trailblazer LT AWD
4 Posts

I just responded to you and asked how your new '23 was. Then I saw this! So Sorry, that is a bummer.

· Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
865 Posts
Dealers don't keep spare tranmissions or major parts. That is not the current busn model in this country, keep stock just hanging on the shelves. It all about being lean. Then the other problem is that people forget that one this TB is made over sea's and 2 it is a VERY popular car so that demand is up thus parts are hard to get.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealers don't keep spare tranmissions or major parts. That is not the current busn model in this country, keep stock just hanging on the shelves. It all about being lean. Then the other problem is that people forget that one this TB is made over sea's and 2 it is a VERY popular car so that demand is up thus parts are hard to get.
Yes, and this is why I said that I don't look for them to get it fix too soon, I think that it's going to be a while it's a good thing that I have my new ram diesel 3500 pickup to drive, oh but wait, I have another recall that to, this my fourth recall, lol, are you serious maybe I should trade it in but for what, maybe a Ford, lol.

I will let you guys know what they say, probably in a few weeks I guess that I know how to pick them if it has a recall, I will probably get it.

· Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear your TB. Our 2023 TB ACTIV, has a turbo oil leak issue.
Parts are close in Sacramento. But with I-80 being closed then open etc really screws freight up for us east of California.
So ours will be delayed because of weather.
But our dealship Wild West Chevrolet Yerington NV, is great to work with.

· Registered
39 Posts
That's horrible,I didn't know parts were so hard to get for the TB,I work for a really big car rental company in Philly, and they seem to always get parts for many makes and models including body parts, customers really do a number on the rental fleet

· Registered
39 Posts
And this is what I'm afraid of that the parts will take months, but I haven't heard nothing yet, my wife and I really like the TB so I hope that I didn't get a lemon.
I know the city manager at my job , said a lot of new cars will be delivered to us soon,and I see it , truckload after truckload,I believe your parts may be a few weeks,the place I work for is always replacing engines, transmissions, differentials,transfer cases, I don't see the cars or SUVs waiting out of service that long at this place, Good luck I really enjoy the TB for me I'm 57

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know the city manager at my job , said a lot of new cars will be delivered to us soon,and I see it , truckload after truckload,I believe your parts may be a few weeks,the place I work for is always replacing engines, transmissions, differentials,transfer cases, I don't see the cars or SUVs waiting out of service that long at this place, Good luck I really enjoy the TB for me I'm 57

Well, good news I got it back, it wasn't that long,really I was expecting a long wait but they surprise me, I love this little suv it keeps me from driving my big 3500 diesel pickup.

· Registered
39 Posts
Well, good news I got it back, it wasn't that long,really I was expecting a long wait but they surprise me, I love this little suv it keeps me from driving my big 3500 diesel pickup.
That's great news,Im glad you are back on the road,I really like the TB, compared to my Colorado I traded in,it handles the off and on ramps like a baby Camaro,I don't use the brakes much,it downshifts just right to slow down for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts