Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
395 Posts
Hopefully you don’t experience any of the messages, other than when it tells you it is time to change oil. If you do then you will need to make an appointment for service.

I'm at 1300. I'm wondering what the service messages are you guys are referring to? Is this a warning light or what? Is it something I should be expecting?

·
Registered
160 Posts

So hit the 10k milestone today.

So far I've had all the random as of yet meaningless Check Engine Lights and Service AWD messages everyone else has. Aside from 1st hand experiencing the brake boost failure and having a loaner for a month, I have to say I really do like the TB a lot. It's not oversize and can still fit a ton of cargo capacity if you know how to load it and how to make the passenger seat go flat flush with the rear seat. I have the towing setup had to piece it together because GM can't just release a full kit they like to nickel and dime you in everything. The one real issue I have is I got the cross bars installed and because they only mount in one place and can't be adjusted, non-GM Accesory Roof Baskets will not line up even the universals. This is easily fixed if you make your own bracket adapter to just run along the roof rack but not everyone has that adventurous motivation.

All in all GM hit a 9 out 10 on this vehicle just wish it had less hiccups and better support but the pandemic has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What mileage do you have on your Trailblazer currently and what has the experience been like so far?
I currently have 560 miles on mine. Purchased on February 25th this year and it went right back into the shop on March 8th due to the brakes and power steering going completely out multiple times while driving. The dealership is saying that they need to replace the module to the braking system and that the part is on back order so they don't know when I will have it back. Its almost been a month since the car has been in the shop I even paid the first car payment and I still don't have my car. I have an RS in oasis blue.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I currently have 560 miles on mine. Purchased on February 25th this year and it went right back into the shop on March 8th due to the brakes and power steering going completely out multiple times while driving. The dealership is saying that they need to replace the module to the braking system and that the part is on back order so they don't know when I will have it back. Its almost been a month since the car has been in the shop I even paid the first car payment and I still don't have my car. I have an RS in oasis blue.
The parts are not on back order currently they have them but have prioritized using them on C8 corvettes that have the same brake module issue and subsequently the same harness and module. It took them 2 weeks to get mine way back in november then they screwed the install up broke a clip on the module and had to order another one. That took a little under 2 weeks and come to find out they had 3 of the things on the shelf not sold ir being used just earmarked for the 4 or 5 C8 Vettes they'd sold in case they came in. Have them check with any sister dealerships if it take longer then two weeks the backorder ended in December.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is such [email protected] they hold them for the GOOD customers, the rest of us are stuck to chance ours do not wreck.
You shoulda seen the service writers face then. Having friends in the car community has it's perks especially Vette guys who are cool. Be very aware if your dealership sells C8 Vettes or 2020+ V8 Camaros they likely have a few on hand or at their parts depot. Shits getting harder to find with the chip shortage but they are readily available given the recall went in before the shortage ever really hit home. I can't speak for all dealerships and situations but I do know they can acquire them if they truely want to for you. Sometines that means contacting another dealership and depending on how much they give a shit can determine wether they bother to or not on your behalf.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
26 Posts
Just checking in. I've had my AWD LT trailblazer for a couple days now. 35 miles on it. I was surprised by the peppiness of the vehicle. According to caranddriver most compact SUV's are slow off the go. Not sure what criteria they use but its plenty for me. Still up in the air whether I want to add towing or not. Sounds like these 3 cylinder engines might not be optimum for it and only tow up to 1000lb. I did keep my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for that though. From what I can tell if you need replacement parts for almost any newer vehicle you may be waiting a few months as supplies are really, really limited.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just checking in. I've had my AWD LT trailblazer for a couple days now. 35 miles on it. I was surprised by the peppiness of the vehicle. According to caranddriver most compact SUV's are slow off the go. Not sure what criteria they use but its plenty for me. Still up in the air whether I want to add towing or not. Sounds like these 3 cylinder engines might not be optimum for it and only tow up to 1000lb. I did keep my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for that though. From what I can tell if you need replacement parts for almost any newer vehicle you may be waiting a few months as supplies are really, really limited.
It doesn't tow a lot but is perfect for a simple 4x6 utility trailer for basic moving.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My car just reached 5555 mile stone!

Through my time with this car I’ve noticed during car washes it is a pain to dry as there’s water just everywhere especially the roof lines holds a lot of water.

As far as driving the little motor can handle and throws wait around no problem I’m not winning any races but definitely looking cool getting to the next red light.

I bought the vertical net for the cargo space and I like it it’s great it’s the best use of my GM rewards points we’ve also had a couple service days they checked out the ESC power steering issue sound no issue another than that waiting for my next service.

View attachment 500

PS I’ve been pumping premium fuel which helps with the engine knock and turbo lag ;)
That's a beauty.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
751 Posts
We just got the service AWD message. Wife turned car off and it went away. Still had dealership look at it, there was software update for some unit in that system.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
19 Posts
My 21' RS AWD is past 74,000 miles (yes that's correct). I have yet to have any issues asside from having the purge valve replaced at around 30,000. That was a known issue though.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts