Trailblazer Forum banner

Many many issues!!

14K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  rmrita55 
#1 ·
Has anyone had multiple issues as much as i have?? Currentyl i have had my 2021 Trailblazer RS for 15 months. After the 1st 2 months of having it, i started having problem after problem. This is the complaint i just sent to NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).

I have had the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer since May 2021, it has been 15 months, not even a year and a half off the lot and i have had wayyyy too many problems. I have has service the stabilitrak stability control system, service the antilock breaking system multiple times within the first 8-10 months. I had to get a part replaced due to that. The dealership had my vehicle literally for a month after i bought it, had an open tak report through Gm due to my engine light coming on. Gm did not know why it was happening. Had 2 service engine and transmission system alerts. I have had a fuel injector and line replaced as well within the first 6 months. I have had to get the system updated 2 times also. Now August 2022 im having service battery, or starter. Have had my vehicle shut off on me at an intersection then come back on two different times. My breaks have been squealing ever since i got this vehicle. Dealership confirms everything is in good standing. I have not had a vehicle where breaks squeal when i am coming to a stop or backing out of my driveway constantly. Dealership keeps saying oh its just probably dust or dirt, spray them out and it should stop. But, it has not for about a year now! Unbelievable! I am going it to trade this vehicle in. This is wayyy too much to be dealing with when you pay $30 grand on a vehicle!

See less See more
#5 ·
Unfortunate issues for you. I hope yours are far from the normal. The lemon idea is valid and something I’d jump on until convinced it’s not applicable. Our ‘21 TB Activ has been a steady performer, once I understood how to handle. Just over 30k miles in 16 months - yep, it’s driven. Issues I misunderstood as vehicle deficiencies turned out to Not be: 1st - Dealer 1st oil change didn’t refill to 5 qts, only approx 3.5! Initially I thought the problem was excess oil consumption when I checked levels a few weeks later (my bad) however when I took over oil / filter changes after the “freebie” myself there’s been no further consumption issues. Dealer denied, but I know better. 2nd- The crankcase is a sealed system. Sensors will throw codes if one doesn’t replace filler cap before running up the motor with clean oil. That was scary until I figured it out.
This little 3-banger turbo is strong, (also drive two C5 Corvette’s) so performance is important. Great milage especially if one stays under about 75 Highway, still pretty roomy interior (this was a downsize for us,) and build quality / feel has come a long way for GM since I last owned a new GM product.

#7 ·
Has anyone had multiple issues as much as i have?? Currentyl i have had my 2021 Trailblazer RS for 15 months. After the 1st 2 months of having it, i started having problem after problem. This is the complaint i just sent to NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).

I have had the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer since May 2021, it has been 15 months, not even a year and a half off the lot and i have had wayyyy too many problems. I have has service the stabilitrak stability control system, service the antilock breaking system multiple times within the first 8-10 months. I had to get a part replaced due to that. The dealership had my vehicle literally for a month after i bought it, had an open tak report through Gm due to my engine light coming on. Gm did not know why it was happening. Had 2 service engine and transmission system alerts. I have had a fuel injector and line replaced as well within the first 6 months. I have had to get the system updated 2 times also. Now August 2022 im having service battery, or starter. Have had my vehicle shut off on me at an intersection then come back on two different times. My breaks have been squealing ever since i got this vehicle. Dealership confirms everything is in good standing. I have not had a vehicle where breaks squeal when i am coming to a stop or backing out of my driveway constantly. Dealership keeps saying oh its just probably dust or dirt, spray them out and it should stop. But, it has not for about a year now! Unbelievable! I am going it to trade this vehicle in. This is wayyy too much to be dealing with when you pay $30 grand on a vehicle!
I’m currently going through the same thing my 2021 trailblazer has nothing but problems if their problem it’s been in the dealership for over two weeks now my turbo charger went this is the third time my transmission light came on within the last two months it’s ridiculous I also just got a lemon car lawyer. The part that is needed is nowhere to be found I talk to other trailblazer owners and they said they’ve been on the waiting list for turbo charger for months.

#10 ·
I’ve had my 2021 Trailblazer RS AWD for 25 months, with 32,000 miles. Haven’t had one issue. Not one. And I’m a picky MF. First car I’ve ever owned/leased (GM and non-GM, both foreign and domestic; I’ve owned/leased 24 new vehicles) where this is the case. I keep waiting for the problems to start and yet nothing. Fingers crossed. But I feel for you and the issues you’ve experienced and sincerely hope a positive resolution comes your way soon.

#11 ·

Just got rid of my 2021..transmission went out at 19,000 miles, many of the same issues. I traded mine off a week ago for a full size Blazer

#13 ·

I bought my 2021 Trailblazer New and in less than 12,000 miles - there was a Message REDUCED ENGINE POWER. After taking it in to the shop, and then reading about others with the same problem on Trail Blazer Talk.com - I traded right away. I am too old to not have a Car that is Not Dependable and from reading all the problems others had - I didn't need the worry.

#14 ·
We had a 2021Trailblazer RS AWD..transmission went out at 19,000 miles..always an issue of some kind. We put up with it until the day that every warning light on the dash started flashing. Took it to the dealership and it had thrown multiple codes and I was told that the fix could be anything from a software update to pulling and replacing the steering column. I promptly traded it in on a full sized Blazer..the only thing that I miss is the gas mileage.

#17 ·
My reduced engine power light had come on several times (4) and in shop each time! I am ready to trade mine as well but not an easy task for me at this time! I am very, very unhappy with the vehicle! Haven’t gotten it back since last admission for work, almost 3-4wks now. I still have their loaner…they can keep mine and I’ll keep this new equinox they gave me. Upgraded car but features are less than I had on mine. I don’t know what to expect when I get my truck back now!!🤬😤

#18 ·

The brake issue is a known problem they fix mine at the dealer under warranty

#24 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 trailblazer Ls. Just hit 26k miles

Ever since i got the vehicle I've dealt with issue.

In the first 90 days i had the following incidents:

• random break check by the proximity sensor that prevents accidents.
  • Reduced engine power + check engine light and speed is reduced and engine power is poor.
  • Breaks squeaking like crazy

I took it for the first oil change and took look at these issues and no error codes came back and they were unable to replicate the issue.

I took the vehicle, no issues for about 6 months, then once again Reduced engine power + check engine light and speed is reduced and engine power is poor.

I call the dealer, they need to have codes come up to attend the issue. No help.

This issue with the Reduced engine power + check engine light and speed is reduced and engine power is poor. continued to happen on and off randomly, but would go away if you turn off the vehicle, or next morning.

I kept driving the vehicle, April 2022 there was a recall on the carjack, I schedule to bring the car and asked them to look into this, they tried upselling me to a Colorado, after 5 hours of negotiation i decided to not get the colorado, they gave me the Vehicle same thing, no codes, not able to replicate issue.

This time it got really scary, while driving on i-75 at about 70mph Reduced engine power + check engine light and speed is reduced and engine power is poor, but this time it was different it slowed me down to 35mph in seconds making extremely dangerous as i had 18 wheelers traveling with me at the same speed, i was able to get a hotel and spend the night, next morning first thing i run to the car, no check engine light, no reduced power, drove for a few miles, no issues, decided to head back home with the intention to go back to the dealership, while driving home about 40mins away same issue, dropped to 35mph on i75, got home safely taking internal streets but went to the dealer next morning and started a claim with General Motors, it turns out that error code u-1346 was coming up, after a few days they found the engine wiring harness was cut up (there was a safety notice, never got one) for this issue, besides that nothing wrong and unable to replicate the issue.

This last week while traveling at the exact same place and drive time as last time, Reduced engine power + check engine light and speed is reduced and engine power is poor and reduced to 35mph.

I was able to get to the hotel once again next morning no issues, but this time when driving back the car didn't fail, i did not use it over the weekend but today my car is going crazy, while starting all
Goes black, the finally after like 5 seconds it starts but all lights are on, check engine light is on, 2 keys configured sign going off, wont go on to drive.

Have any of you dealt with this before? How did you solve the issue? Who dio you contact at this point?

#28 ·

I have had many problems with my 22 trail. Blazer it is in the shop now with turbo problem.