Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Page 233 of the owners manual, thought we all had locking fuel doors. After a trip to the dealer, they tell me that only "select" models have it. Does that sound right? I asked what package I was missing or what trim levels it came with but could not get any information. They just ran my VIN and told me that I didn't have it.

2021 Trailblazer LT w/ convenience package

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
561 Posts
Well I have a fully loaded RS AWD and mine doesn't lock. It's just the simple push to open/close. The Buick Encore GX might have a locking fuel door since it shares the same platform but has many more features than the Trailblazer.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
483 Posts
No lock on my loaded ACTIV

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this is only on the Encore GX? Would be curious to know if anyone comes across one. But confusing for the consumer, especially seeing as even the top trims are not equipped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could be a Canada only or Korea only thing, as those lucky canucks get ventilated seats which we don't. Seems like subcompact vehicles made in Korea are always decontented in the US.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
80 Posts
Could be a Canada only or Korea only thing, as those lucky canucks get ventilated seats which we don't. Seems like subcompact vehicles made in Korea are always decontented in the US.
Are the ventilated seats available in Canada? I know they have them in Korea, but we have some Canadian members on this forum and I don't recall any of them bragging about the feature. 😅

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
561 Posts
Korean option only and why would Canadians want cooled seats? I could use some ventilated seats here in Sacramento CA as most summers are like 110 every day or somethings on fire somewhere 🔥

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
80 Posts
I could use some ventilated seats here in Sacramento CA as most summers are like 110 every day
I don't find ventilated seats particularly useful on extremely hot days anyway. I think there are some luxury makes that actually offer some sort of cooling mechanism for the seats instead of just pushing air through, but my Caddy doesn't even have that.

Don't get me wrong; I still would love to have ventilated seats on the TB, but I think real leather over the leatherette would probably help with the heat issue as much or more than forced ventilation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Korean option only and why would Canadians want cooled seats? I could use some ventilated seats here in Sacramento CA as most summers are like 110 every day or somethings on fire somewhere 🔥
Ah, I was thinking of the Sorento.
I don't find ventilated seats particularly useful on extremely hot days anyway.
It depends on whether or not you have good ventilated seats, and how old and/or well maintained the vehicle is. If you drove an older used vehicle with one, it may be clogged especially if the previous owner used leather conditioner on the seats at some point. Some also have small weak fans that can't draw much air.

But if you have GOOD ventilated seats, oh my God, it is amazing. No air conditioner can ever cool your back even if its able to crater in your forehead and knock out your front teeth by blasting ice cubes at high velocity, and especially if you have non-perforated imitation leather, your body can feel cool and yet your back can end up sticky which is really unattractive. Perforated leather can help, but honestly if I can't have ventilated seats I prefer cloth or hybrid cloth where the center is cloth and just the high wear areas like the seat and side bolsters are leather.

If I remember right, the Kia Soul Designer Package seats were like that and were comfy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts