Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2021 LT AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was an early adapter and have now had mine a year I have had to renew my license plate tabs. They are the most expensive stickers you can put on your car.:DMine were $349.25 maybe next year they will be less expensive.馃

Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
If we're talking about registration, ours was about $400 which is crazy, but not as bad as my ZR2 which was over $500!

Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
In Michigan, license renewal is based on vehicle value. So yes, each year, depreciation reduces the renewal cost.

Another big Michigan taxation issue that is really unfair: Trailer plates cost $0. At first, that's cool, "but wait, there's more!" Imagine a $200K travel trailer sitting next to a $200K Motorhome. The trailer pays $0, the motorhome pay $1,000 per year.

Registered
Here in MO the renewal is fairly cheap, i think its around 70ish for 2 year tags. However, we have to pay a yearly personal property tax which is based on the current value (also that percentage varies depending on which county you live in). I will probably have to pay about 500 this year for it.

Registered
In Michigan, license renewal is based on vehicle value. So yes, each year, depreciation reduces the renewal cost.

Another big Michigan taxation issue that is really unfair: Trailer plates cost $0. At first, that's cool, "but wait, there's more!" Imagine a $200K travel trailer sitting next to a $200K Motorhome. The trailer pays $0, the motorhome pay $1,000 per year.
Yea but they are no where near $350 for the price of this vehicle. I know its different in every state and they just get you in other areas though.

Registered
We don't have stickers anymore where I live. It's all just tied to the licence plate. Police would have to run the plates to know if it's expired or not, which isn't a huge deal anymore I'm sure with half of the cop cars having the automatic plate scanners.

Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
My tags are like 65 bucks a year in Ohio. Car value plays no part in the cost.

Registered
I live in New Jersey, when I purchased my vehicle the dealership charged me $276.00 for title and registration, registration in NJ for a new vehicle is good for 4 years. After that you pay it once a year, my previous car I was paying around 70 bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts