Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone help me? I installed a set of led headlights. And the drivers side bulb when fully locked in place is at an angle of about 10°-15° from vertical. The passenger bulb locks in and is perfectly vertical. Is it normal for the driver side light to be at an angle? Anyone who has installed led bulbs please let me know if this is correct.

Driver side light

Passenger side light:

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS AWD
10 Posts
I bought those at first and mine did the same thing. After driving with them at night on some back roads I wasnt impressed. All they did was light up the side of the road like fog lights and light up the trees hanging over the road. I ended up replacing them with these bulbs instead, hoping they would be an improvement but I havent been out late at night yet to test them.

Update.. I finally got a chance to hit some windy country roads and the new bulbs work a lot better than the sealights. I think the halogens still project better but these work well enough to keep them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought those at first and mine did the same thing. After driving with them at night on some back roads I wasnt impressed. All they did was light up the side of the road like fog lights and light up the trees hanging over the road. I ended up replacing them with these bulbs instead, hoping they would be an improvement but I havent been out late at night yet to test them.
Thanks, I like that design. With that 360° style for the LEDs there wouldn’t be any concern if the LEDs were installed at an angle or not.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS FWD, Satin Steel Metallic
27 Posts
For owners that switched out their halogen bulbs for LED bulbs….are you having any issues with the bulbs “overheating”? How is the LED bulb heat dispersed if contained in a seal tight compartment?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
For owners that switched out their halogen bulbs for LED bulbs….are you having any issues with the bulbs “overheating”? How is the LED bulb heat dispersed if contained in a seal tight compartment?
There is actually a lot less heat with LED's vs halogens, so no problems there.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS AWD
10 Posts
The ones I purchased have a large heatsink and a fan built in, Fan only runs when the lights are actually on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
that looks good, the LEDs that you installed look like they are similar to the type of LEDs that I have. When I installed my LEDs the passenger side LED bulb is vertical but the driver’s side LED goes in at an angle. Is that the same way your LEDs are when they are installed? I really want to know if I installed my LEDs correctly.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS FWD, Satin Steel Metallic
27 Posts
that looks good, the LEDs that you installed look like they are similar to the type of LEDs that I have. When I installed my LEDs the passenger side LED bulb is vertical but the driver’s side LED goes in at an angle. Is that the same way your LEDs are when they are installed? I really want to know if I installed my LEDs correctly.
Yeah. I saw your earlier post about this. I didn't have any problems at all. Unplug halogens and re-plug LEDS. I changed out the highs and lows. I made sure they were aligned in the grooves, but they fit right in there. I installed the Cougar Motors......

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
70 Posts
Yeah. I saw your earlier post about this. I didn't have any problems at all. Unplug halogens and re-plug LEDS. I changed out the highs and lows. I made sure they were aligned in the grooves, but they fit right in there. I installed the Cougar Motors......
View attachment 906
Which ones did you get
View attachment 906
Which ones did you get? The motor wireles or the on in the attachment you posted? For low beams that is, neither of the two pictured fit according to Amazon.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Amazon doesn't have the correct fitment for LED bulbs. I can't say which Cougar LED lights fit, but I do know for sure Sealight S1 9005 & H9 do fit since they are very compact and don't have fans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts