Trailblazer Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,113 Posts

I'm about to pull the trigger on these for my high beams.
Anyone installed these yet??
Any problems fitting the cord and driver block in the housing, or am I better off buying the 90 degree type that are direct plug-in?
Any problems at all??
Im guessing those bulbs have fans? You might want to get a depth measurement from their website to make sure the dust covers will still fit.

I used the Sealight X1 for high beams and they fit fine. There is plenty of room for the drivers/load resistors to be tucked in.

The X1's are on the left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amazon listing shows the overall height of everything (including the fan) is the same overall height as a halogen with the right angle connection. Listing also says "Mini-Design".
If you used the Sealight X1 for your high beams, I think these are the same (if not updated versions) since this is what comes up when when I do a search.
Any problems or other suggestions if you had to do it again??

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,113 Posts
Amazon listing shows the overall height of everything (including the fan) is the same overall height as a halogen with the right angle connection. Listing also says "Mini-Design".
If you used the Sealight X1 for your high beams, I think these are the same (if not updated versions) since this is what comes up when when I do a search.
Any problems or other suggestions if you had to do it again??
I didn't have any problems with the X1 Sealights. I know they have different versions, some with fans that do have a higher output, but I was concerned with the fans since they can be loud and often don't last as long as the bulbs that rely on heat sinks. I have Sealight S1 and X1 lights in 2 other GM vehicles and they are also doing great. Yes I would do it again since the price is fair and the quality seems to be good. There are some higher end LED's that I would also consider, Diode Dynamics and VLED. Both are very good and offer higher output.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!!
I just found your review on Amazon (same photo from the rear) and decided to go with those.
Too many reviews on the others of fans being noisy and getting louder over time.
Those others may be brighter, but with the added heat, they will burn out over time once the fans crap out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So this is a really silly question as I'm not exactly up on all my car technology, but is it okay to install these led's into a projector housing that was made for halogens? It doesn't cause any brightness issues or anything does it?

Also, I have 2 pairs of Fahren LED's that I can't figure out to install as they are attached to some sort of little "9 volt battery+ type thing. Should I just take the loss and order the Seagates?

Thanks for your assistance!

·
Registered
90 Posts
So this is a really silly question as I'm not exactly up on all my car technology, but is it okay to install these led's into a projector housing that was made for halogens? It doesn't cause any brightness issues or anything does it?

Also, I have 2 pairs of Fahren LED's that I can't figure out to install as they are attached to some sort of little "9 volt battery+ type thing. Should I just take the loss and order the Seagates?

Thanks for your assistance!
They should have the H8, 9 or 11 connectors as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone who has replaced the factory halogens with led bulbs, after replacing do the led bulbs keep the nice straight headlight beam that the halogens have with the projector headlights?? I can’t imagine it would change the way the projector headlights work but just wanting to see if anyone can confirm! Thank you!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts