Trailblazer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks again brother, I have surgical gloves at the ready so that I don't touch the bulbs by mistake. I've read the clips are probably the most difficult thing I'll run into. It's rural here and people drive with their high beams to see ... I don't want to be THAT GUY.
Eureka! The Amazon guy was late, but as thecrowtv said, it took 5 minutes per side to install these and there's no comparison between the Cougars and the OEM halogen lamps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A couple of quick question for you guys that replaced with LED's...
The Cougar high beam LED's everyone seems to be installing are 6500K - Does the light seem more blueish in color instead of a pure white?? Does it match existing LED's on the vehicle??
I've already got factory LED low beams - Any reason to purchase and replace with Cougar LED's in the combo pack, or just do the high beams??

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,113 Posts
A couple of quick question for you guys that replaced with LED's...
The Cougar high beam LED's everyone seems to be installing are 6500K - Does the light seem more blueish in color instead of a pure white?? Does it match existing LED's on the vehicle??
I've already got factory LED low beams - Any reason to purchase and replace with Cougar LED's in the combo pack, or just do the high beams??
I had the Sealight H9 high beam LED bulbs in my RS and they matched the factory LED low beams. The Sealights are 6000k, so I don't think 6500k would have too much blue. I don't think the factory LED low beam bulbs can be replaced as they are part of the housing which is different than the Trailblazers that have halogen lows/highs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the Sealight H9 high beam LED bulbs in my RS and they matched the factory LED low beams. The Sealights are 6000k, so I don't think 6500k would have too much blue. I don't think the factory LED low beam bulbs can be replaced as they are part of the housing which is different than the Trailblazers that have halogen lows/highs.
Does anyone

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,113 Posts
No, it won't void the warranty.

Reactions: GBockers61

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought 2 sets of cougar motor headlights from Amazon and I am not disappointed. I installed them and I had a road trip a few days later on the highway they were awesome. In the city they sometimes look faint but for the price it was well worth it. I did replace all 4 b
Yes I was worried about that myself but they tucked in nice and the covers screwed back on.
does you auto high beams still work ?

·
Registered
6 Posts

I'm about to pull the trigger on these for my high beams.
Anyone installed these yet??
Any problems fitting the cord and driver block in the housing, or am I better off buying the 90 degree type that are direct plug-in?
Any problems at all??

41 - 60 of 69 Posts