Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
61 Posts
Guys this is exactly what I need to do as well, the yellow lights bug me. Thank you for posting this, I want to make sure I get the right LEDs. So I found xtra small ones, and then regulate size, which did you install?

Cougar Motor X-Small 9005 + H11 LED Bulb, Combo (2 Sets) 6500K All-in-One Conversion Kit - Cool White - Replacement Bulbs, Low Fog Light

Or
Cougar Motor LED Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -6000K Cool White, Halogen Replacement, Quick Installation Low Fog Light and then the 9005 this size as well
Did these fit the vehicle? Amazon is saying it does not fit this vehicle but then again it isn't accurate, I plan on buying these, and did you have any issue with them?

·
Registered
2022 LT AWD
2 Posts
Guys this is exactly what I need to do as well, the yellow lights bug me. Thank you for posting this, I want to make sure I get the right LEDs. So I found xtra small ones, and then regulate size, which did you install?

Cougar Motor X-Small 9005 + H11 LED Bulb, Combo (2 Sets) 6500K All-in-One Conversion Kit - Cool White - Replacement Bulbs, Low Fog Light

Or
Cougar Motor LED Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -6000K Cool White, Halogen Replacement, Quick Installation Low Fog Light and then the 9005 this size as well
Was this ever confirmed?

1) I'm about to order but not sure if the high beams and low beams are the same.

2) Does anyone know what color temperature the standard daytime LED lights are? Ideally I can get the headlights to match. Seems like the headlights come in 6000k or 6500k.

3) Some peeps mentioned Sealight; were these the ones? AH! There are so many and I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
61 Posts
Was this ever confirmed?

1) I'm about to order but not sure if the high beams and low beams are the same.

2) Does anyone know what color temperature the standard daytime LED lights are? Ideally I can get the headlights to match. Seems like the headlights come in 6000k or 6500k.

3) Some peeps mentioned Sealight; were these the ones? AH! There are so many and I can't tell the difference.

I bought these
Cougar Motor X-Small 9005 + H11 LED Bulb, Combo (2 Sets) 12000LM 6500K All-in-One Conversion Kit - Cool White - Halogen Replacement Bulbs
Works great with my TB and is much better than factory halogens. To replace the bulbs I just copied which bulb was where in the housing

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought 2 sets of cougar motor headlights from Amazon and I am not disappointed. I installed them and I had a road trip a few days later on the highway they were awesome. In the city they sometimes look faint but for the price it was well worth it. I did replace all 4 bulbs. View attachment 455 View attachment 456 View attachment 457 View attachment 458 View attachment 459
Hi, did you have to replace the housing, wiring to get the appropriate wattage? I’m told that I CANNOT simply swap the low beams to LED. I look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
113 Posts
Thank you sir! The local Chevy dealership is convinced this won't work. Can you recommend the replacement bulbs please?
First recommendation is do the install yourself, its not hard.

Cougar, Fahren, Sealight LEDS work fine,

9005 and H11 are the two sizes you need. One is for your low beams and the other is for high.

·
Registered
37 Posts
First recommendation is do the install yourself, its not hard.

Cougar, Fahren, Sealight LEDS work fine,

9005 and H11 are the two sizes you need. One is for your low beams and the other is for high.
Awesome! Thank you for your kind assistance. My dealership has a lot of young folks and sometimes that's not a good thing. I'll do them myself. Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Should take you roughly 10 minutes and no tools are required.
Thanks again brother, I have surgical gloves at the ready so that I don't touch the bulbs by mistake. I've read the clips are probably the most difficult thing I'll run into. It's rural here and people drive with their high beams to see ... I don't want to be THAT GUY.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts