Trailblazer Forum banner

Knowing why you know would you trailblazer or encore gx

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  vtlgazelle 
They're fundamentally the same vehicle, so the "knowing what we know" would be more applicable if it were comparison between the encoregx/trailblazer vs jeep renegade/mazda cx30/subaru crosstrek/etc.

Between the two, if fancier interior furnishings are important to you, then you should check out what buick has in the encore gx. If you prefer more standard-grade furnishings, or more likely the price point, then the trailblazer may be more appropriate.

The Trailblazers are still very new, so what we know is actually relatively little. I've been disappointed by several aspects of the rollout, dealership product knowledge, and official accessories, but have been largely impressed by the basics of the vehicle itself. I love the spacious interior, and the headroom with the moonroof. I like the styling of the Activ trim, and I like that it has a semi-functional skid plate under the engine bay. The turbo engine with AWD offer reasonable performance, every bit equivalent to what I experience from my 1.6T Ford Escape.

If I were purchasing again, I would take another test drive in the jeep renegade and try harder to get someone from toyota to call back about the rav4. Might still end up with a Trailblazer, but those two vehicles seem to have a lot going for them.