Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Chevy Trailblazer LS. Bought it brand new 6 weeks ago, now has 2496 miles on it. I have an appointment with my local Chevy service center on July 1st but wondered if anyone else has had this problem & what the outcome was.

There is a loud knocking sound under the hood after I turn the vehicle off. It usually takes a minute or 2 to start and goes on for 30 seconds to a min. Just started doing this 3 days ago but doesn't do it every time. It mostly happens at night for some reason. I have a video of the sounds it makes but not sure how to upload here. Also, last night I was driving home and the power steering alert came on. But just went out now and started the vehicle and the power steering warning isn't there anymore.

Should I run it into the service center today or would it be ok to wait for the scheduled appointment next week? I do have another road trip next M-W so I'm concerned something may happen while I'm out of town.

· Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,114 Posts
The knocking sound isn't normal. Our Trailblazer makes some clicking sounds for a minute or two after you turn it off. I believe this is the brake system running a calibration as you can actually see the brake pedal move up and down a little bit. Most of us who have had the "service power steering" message just needed a software update, but there have been a few who had their steering column replaced. I would still take it in just to make sure you get the update and have the knocking sound looked at.

Reactions: Free_Reign

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The knocking sound isn't normal. Our Trailblazer makes some clicking sounds for a minute or two after you turn it off. I believe this is the brake system running a calibration as you can actually see the brake pedal move up and down a little bit. Most of us who have had the "service power steering" message just needed a software update, but there have been a few who had their steering column replaced. I would still take it in just to make sure you get the update and have the knocking sound looked at.
Thanks! I just dropped it off and they are going to try to fit it in today.

· Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,114 Posts
If they do find any real issues, post the info here in case someone else has a similar problem.

Reactions: Free_Reign

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said the knocking noises were normal, that the 2021 Trailblazers making a lot of weird noises & not to be worried about it. The power steering alert was a glitch & they still don't have a fix for it. I also mentioned the recall on the jacks & they don't have the new jacks yet. They said that once they get them in they will contact me & also check and see if there is a fix for the power steering glitch yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking that the dealerships that replaced the whole columns are a bit shady. They get paid by GM for these services, and I think the column swap is unjustified, especially when the majority of dealerships are just doing software updates or reprogramming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.