Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
the engine air filter in now on K&N, but its sold out, its the 33-5107 filter
Thanks for the update. Of course they don't have any, lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That’s good. At least now we know they’re making them. I guess we just have to wait until they can make enough of them to meet demand. It looks like with the way Trailblazer’s are flying off the lot and Chevy is having a hard time to meet demand K&N will have the motivation to make a lot of them.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Reactions: Shogunmark

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
K&N 33-5107 air flow test. I wonder if GM advertises the same info for the stock paper filter?

Attachments

Reactions: Shogunmark

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I canceled my order with Amazon and ordered the filter directly from K&N on Friday. They are in CA, so I should get it in a couple days. I'll post some pics when I'm installing it.

Reactions: JackieTwoTimes

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
OK, got the K&N Engine Air Filter, got it in, and good to go, here a few pics...
Me too. I did a whole write up on it in the parts/accessories section. Let us know what you think about it. Ive already noticed better throttle response and passing power on the freeway.

Reactions: ohyeahjay

·
Registered
165 Posts
View attachment 788

So got some news guys and gals (granted this was an experimental version but...

1. It does work (ran about 50 miles after install)
2. Actually decently cheap (about 40-50$ for this experimental version)
3. The maf housing was for (get ready to laugh) a honda civic (M8B7 70 mm)
4.Yes it does give the tubo fluttler sounds
5.About the same fuel economy (i was heavier on the pedal because yanno turbo flutter and only seen a difference of about 0.1 mpg over 50 miles)
6. Yes that is the stock airvox base as you would either have to:
A. Have a hanger or bracket to hold the intake and housing up

Or

B. Just lay the intake inside of the airbox as i did which actually doesn't move around a whole lot if at all (i checked every so often about 5 times during the trip)

50 mile test range was city and open roads as well so it was a mix of both with no issues.

I'll keep everyone updated but for now this does work
I am curious, are you still running this set up? I am thinking about jumping in and doing this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 788

5.About the same fuel economy (i was heavier on the pedal because yanno turbo flutter and only seen a difference of about 0.1 mpg over 50 miles)

Or

B. Just lay the intake inside of the airbox as i did which actually doesn't move around a whole lot if at all (i checked every so often about 5 times during the trip)

50 mile test range was city and open roads as well so it was a mix of both with no issues.

I have made a similar mod, I deleted the stupid baffle box after the turbo and made my own intake piping then cut a spot for the maf. Sounds cool, but noticed a hp increase but loss of torque. I decided to go back to my original idea of using stock airbox. Best i can recommend is k&n filter for stock air box and deleting the snorkel on the stock box will get very similar results. I measured maf through ob2 live data coming from the ecm and it really can mess up things if not done properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have made a similar mod, I deleted the stupid baffle box after the turbo and made my own intake piping then cut a spot for the maf. Sounds cool, but noticed a hp increase but loss of torque. I decided to go back to my original idea of using stock airbox. Best i can recommend is k&n filter for stock air box and deleting the snorkel on the stock box will get very similar results. I measured maf through ob2 live data coming from the ecm and it really can mess up things if not done properly.
Me too. I did a whole write up on it in the parts/accessories section. Let us know what you think about it. Ive already noticed better throttle response and passing power on the freeway.
i also always go with a K&N or some better air flow set up, did you notice any better gas mileage? i'm real excited to see better throttle response and passing power. and thanks for install instructions.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i also always go with a K&N or some better air flow set up, did you notice any better gas mileage? i'm real excited to see better throttle response and passing power. and thanks for install instructions.
The gas mileage did improve a little, maybe 1mpg, but it's hard to tell because I always drove it hard and always stayed in sport mode which worked well with the added airflow and higher rpm shifts.

Reactions: rvchris66

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 788

Or

do you still have this set up installed? What filter is that?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts