2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The first thing I usually do with a new vehicle is replace the air filter with a high-flow one from K&N to improve performance. However, the car is new so I don't see any specific to the Trailblazer on their website. Does anyone know if it uses the same filter as another vehicle so I can find one that might be compatible?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
51 Posts
I called K&N and asked if they had anything for our Trailblazers and nothing yet. One version of the 2020-2021 Buick Encore GX is supposedly the same, but not sure about the air filter housing.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called K&N and asked if they had anything for our Trailblazers and nothing yet. One version of the 2020-2021 Buick Encore is supposedly the same, but not sure about the air filter housing.

Steve
And I'm sure they're short-handed right now due to the pandemic as far as engineers go, so it's probably gonna be a while... :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Prob going to be a bit for many things for this SUV. I worry even about stock parts on the thing that may go bad. I wonder if any of the parts of the car are made here in the states or all sources in SK?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
51 Posts
I've noticed that Rock Auto and Summit Racing have been slowly adding more replacement parts each week to their inventory which is a good sign. Just 2 weeks ago Summit Racing only had 250 parts available and now they're up over 600 parts.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
53 Posts
Hi all,

The first thing I usually do with a new vehicle is replace the air filter with a high-flow one from K&N to improve performance. However, the car is new so I don't see any specific to the Trailblazer on their website. Does anyone know if it uses the same filter as another vehicle so I can find one that might be compatible?
You could call a Chevy dealer and ask the parts dept what the P/N for the air filter is and then call a Buick dealer and ask what the P/N for an air filter is for a 2020 Buick Encore GX with 1.3 If they match then you could see if K&N has a filter for the Buick and by that one.
I have been looking at suppliers for normal maintenance items, and there is not much out there right now. Most items are GM original parts if it is available

1 - 8 of 8 Posts