Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The first thing I usually do with a new vehicle is replace the air filter with a high-flow one from K&N to improve performance. However, the car is new so I don't see any specific to the Trailblazer on their website. Does anyone know if it uses the same filter as another vehicle so I can find one that might be compatible?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
568 Posts
I called K&N and asked if they had anything for our Trailblazers and nothing yet. One version of the 2020-2021 Buick Encore GX is supposedly the same, but not sure about the air filter housing.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called K&N and asked if they had anything for our Trailblazers and nothing yet. One version of the 2020-2021 Buick Encore is supposedly the same, but not sure about the air filter housing.

Steve
And I'm sure they're short-handed right now due to the pandemic as far as engineers go, so it's probably gonna be a while... :(

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
487 Posts
Prob going to be a bit for many things for this SUV. I worry even about stock parts on the thing that may go bad. I wonder if any of the parts of the car are made here in the states or all sources in SK?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've noticed that Rock Auto and Summit Racing have been slowly adding more replacement parts each week to their inventory which is a good sign. Just 2 weeks ago Summit Racing only had 250 parts available and now they're up over 600 parts.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
487 Posts
Parts for this new TB?

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
284 Posts
Hi all,

The first thing I usually do with a new vehicle is replace the air filter with a high-flow one from K&N to improve performance. However, the car is new so I don't see any specific to the Trailblazer on their website. Does anyone know if it uses the same filter as another vehicle so I can find one that might be compatible?
You could call a Chevy dealer and ask the parts dept what the P/N for the air filter is and then call a Buick dealer and ask what the P/N for an air filter is for a 2020 Buick Encore GX with 1.3 If they match then you could see if K&N has a filter for the Buick and by that one.
I have been looking at suppliers for normal maintenance items, and there is not much out there right now. Most items are GM original parts if it is available

·
Registered
73 Posts
First thing I also do is replace my air filter with a K&N. Since K&N doesn’t list a filter for the TB or the Encore GX I took the filter out hoping it would be a rectangular panel filter and I could find a match amongst the stock filters K&N list. Unfortunately it’s an odd trapezoidal shape. I think the filter for a Encore GX will fit the TB. I downloaded both the Encore GX the TB owner manuals PDFs and the engine compartment pictures are identical in both manuals

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah as soon as I saw the filter I knew we were gonna have problems, lol. K&N will eventually make one, but it might be a while because of that weird shape and demand has to be there too. I've bugged them a few times now so maybe if we all start harassing them we might get some results. I know I'd like to see a real intake kit made to give this little engine all the air it can handle.

Reactions: Number6

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
62 Posts
Yeah as soon as I saw the filter I knew we were gonna have problems, lol. K&N will eventually make one, but it might be a while because of that weird shape and demand has to be there too. I've bugged them a few times now so maybe if we all start harassing them we might get some results. I know I'd like to see a real intake kit made to give this little engine all the air it can handle.
Yeah I want a Cold Air Intake too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Prob going to be a bit for many things for this SUV. I worry even about stock parts on the thing that may go bad. I wonder if any of the parts of the car are made here in the states or all sources in SK?
The car is assembled in SK, the parts are manufactured in many various places (mexico, japan, china, etc). The only thing I'd really be concerned of are parts specific to the 3 cylinder engine since those aren't shared with other GM models save for the encore gx. Most everything else mechanical should be from GM's general parts bucket that are pretty widely used across models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts