Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a brand new activ last week with the 8 in screen. The last two times I remote started and then physically started it after the remote start the screen remained black and the radio did not work. The OnStar light was also red.

The first time it happened I restarted twice and then I got the screen to turn on and OnStar light turned green. It worked throughout the day, starting and stopping a few times running errands.

Today I remote started and then went outside and did the same thing. Screen and radio won’t work and red OnStar light. I then drove down the road and the screen remained off the whole time and OnStar light was red. Once I stopped at a friends house I restarted again and the light turn green and screen worked. And didn’t have any other issues throughout the day.

Seems to not be working when it sits in my driveway over night. Not sure if the car is losing connectivity to OnStar sitting in my driveway. Would that cause my screen to not work? Anyone having this issue?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
339 Posts
Luke J,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like maybe a connector is loose, or a possible short, once it warms up a thermal expansion occurs making contact. Are you turning the screen off each time you shut the vehicle off? If it continues to happen I would contact the dealer and give them all details. All too often people fail to give full details, and the dealer can not duplicate. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. 01/27//21
Took vehicle to the dealer this morning. Related that GM is working on a software update that should be out in the next month or so. Service manager said he is seeing issues on all 2021 model lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup no solution as of now. He said GM knows of the issue and that they are working on an update. It’s upsetting being a brand new car but I understand software can have glitches etc. hopefully all is good once the update comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts