Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have the 2021 TrailBlazer RS, and it did not come with the Bose system. I had the Bose system in my Mailbu and I didn't think not getting it would make a difference but IT DOES. On the highway, I have the volume almost all the way up and it still isn't great or loud enough. Has anyone done anything or know of anyways to upgrade? I contacted the dealer and he did say I could buy the Bose speakers and they would fit but wasn't sure the stereo would handle the output. Apparently, I have the IOR and the Bose system is an IOS system.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
94 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
869 Posts
The Bose system is ok, much better than the standard system, but still nothing special. I would look into an aftermarket setup as thecrowtv mentioned. You'll get more for your money and a better sounding system than the Bose.

I would also check your "auto volume" setting as it can alter the volume while driving. You can set it from low to high as well as turn it off completely. Its under Apps, then Audio, then Auto Volume.

Reactions: RedScarletTrailB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Bose system is ok, much better than the standard system, but still nothing special. I would look into an aftermarket setup as thecrowtv mentioned. You'll get more for your money and a better sounding system than the Bose.

I would also check your "auto volume" setting as it can alter the volume while driving. You can set it from low to high as well as turn it off completely. Its under Apps, then Audio, then Auto Volume.
Thank you for the tips!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't need the bose system for good sound.

You could have a new amp, speakers, and subwoofer installed. If you are concerned about the space for the subwoofer, I installed a JBL spare tire subwoofer. If you plan on having a four channel amp installed, I'd recommend the LC7i instead of the LC2i I used for the subwoofer install.

Check out this thread - Dash/Stereo Removal, Bose Amp, Speaker Install instructions
Thank you thecrowtv, I just want better sound and quality. Can I ask about how much did it cost you? And did you just use the same radio/infotainment system that car with the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts