Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not see a discussion topic but for anyone interested I replaced the five interior lights with pure light (5000k) HP3 style bulbs from Diode Dynamics. Pretty straight forward change out. The only minor pain was taking the rear overhead handles out but nothing serious. I forgot to take a before and after but here is the front. If anyone wants the rear or the trunk just let me know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have a link for the LED's you used?
Also, how did you get the bulbs out for the front? I had bought some LED's on amazon, but wasnt sure how to get the front overheads out. i tried to pry the lenses off, but they didnt seem to want to come out so i stopped because i was afraid i was going to break it.
The trunk lens came out easy, but the LED's i bought didnt seem to work, they would flash as i was sliding it in, but after it was properly seated it wouldnt come on. (i verified it was making proper contact with the leads, but nothing other than the flash as i was sliding it in)

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
888 Posts
Sometimes you just need to flip the bulb around to make them work. Some LED's are sensitive to polarity.

Reactions: Shogunmark

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
888 Posts
I am an electronics guy.. so i tried flipping it around. even tried another one out of the pack i got with the same result.
Maybe try a different brand? I know several people have done the interior LED conversion without any problems. I personally like Sealight, but I know VLED and Diode Dynamic are also good.

Reactions: Shogunmark

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
369 Posts
I would like to do the rear cargo area light. There is only a light on one side, and it is not very strong. What bulb do I need?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would like to do the rear cargo area light. There is only a light on one side, and it is not very strong. What bulb do I need?
I just put in the Diode Dynamics bulb that's linked above and I'm quite happy with it.
First two images i focused on the bulb to show the difference in color. The last image is just how the new bulb illuminates the trunk. I should have done a before and after of the overall illumination in the trunk.. but i didnt think about it
I also did the back seats, but i neglected to take any photos of it.

Before:

After

I also did a comparison of the overhead.

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
19 Posts
Digging the new look! I've always felt safe and had great experience using Phillips LED's bought from any autoparts store. A little pricey but gave me peace of mind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does it still do the slow little fade on when you open the doors, or does the light instantly pop on full brightness with the LEDs?

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok
Fade upon turning on and off is confirmed.
Awesome that's good news! I want to change my bulbs too since I think cool white makes cars look a lot more fancy than the warm incandescents, but I definitely wanted to keep that fade on/off because it's also kinda classy haha.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts