Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt anyone has yet. I have the RS version with the Bose system. Bought an 8inch sub just to add a tiny bit of bass to the rear. Imo it lacks with no speakers in the trunk. Anyone have any experience installing a sub on a bose system in a new model Chevy? Any videos/sites you’d point me to?

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
I have not done this but I will agree the system is lacking. It is nice but does not turn up loud enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done this but I will agree the system is lacking. It is nice but does not turn up loud enough.
Right! I actually was doing some research and come to find out, there is a 6” sub (so small) installed under the spare already with the BOSE. I took my tire out to see if it was working. It was. But honestly, once I put the spare and trunk cover back over it, you can barely hear it even when standing at the trunk. I am probably just going to pay 150$ to have my sub installed. Should be worth it since I financed the car.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Yea that tire cover would muffle the heck out of that speaker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Had an 8" Rockville under seat powered sub installed under driver seat. All in all it ran me about $270l. However, the place I went to said they could not find the ANC (Active noise cancellation) mic anywhere. No forums they said had anything about where it was. If you don't know by now, all cars have a mic that takes in the outside noise (engine/wind/others) and shoots back through the car speakers a slight sound you don't notice to counter the soundwaves to make a quieter ride. When you install a sub, you have to disable as it would cause the sub to match the systems sound back with overwhelming continues bass. The installers said they think I don't have one but to test out. Well I do lol. However it is weird, it only seems to activate when no music is playing and I am foot off the gas and the car is shifting down giving a higher engine pitch. What is even weirder, it does not do this when speeding up... Currently I do not plan to have disabled and will try to live with it. It really is not noticeable as long as music is playing. The 8" powered sub I bought provides just enough bass to the car where it is not overwhelming.

PS: ANC disabling runs about another $70-$80 for labor so it would have been around $350 for sub and install total. If anyone finds anything on where the ANC is do let me know. Maybe down the road if it is annoying I will take it back in. Highly recommend adding to the system though. For it being BOSE I was actually quite disappointed in the sound spread as it is all focused at the front of the car (yes I adjusted Fade).

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
862 Posts
ANC is only available on AWD models. There are 6 small microphones located in the headliner that provide feedback to the ANC system. Look above the grab handles.

Steve

Reactions: Aparrish147

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Glad to have folks here that know these TB's. Thanks for all you contribute.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ANC is only available on AWD models. There are 6 small microphones located in the headliner that provide feedback to the ANC system. Look above the grab handles.

Steve
Thanks Steve! I will definitely have to pass it along if I go in to have it done. Wish there was a simpler way to do it other than manually 😂 like if only there was a setting from your head unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea that tire cover would muffle the heck out of that speaker.
Low frequency such as what is produced by a subwoofer is nondirectional. It doesn't matter where you put it, even under the spare tire. The reason the subwoofer in the TB sucks is not because of where it is, it's because of what it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts