Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt anyone has yet. I have the RS version with the Bose system. Bought an 8inch sub just to add a tiny bit of bass to the rear. Imo it lacks with no speakers in the trunk. Anyone have any experience installing a sub on a bose system in a new model Chevy? Any videos/sites you’d point me to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done this but I will agree the system is lacking. It is nice but does not turn up loud enough.
Right! I actually was doing some research and come to find out, there is a 6” sub (so small) installed under the spare already with the BOSE. I took my tire out to see if it was working. It was. But honestly, once I put the spare and trunk cover back over it, you can barely hear it even when standing at the trunk. I am probably just going to pay 150$ to have my sub installed. Should be worth it since I financed the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Had an 8" Rockville under seat powered sub installed under driver seat. All in all it ran me about $270l. However, the place I went to said they could not find the ANC (Active noise cancellation) mic anywhere. No forums they said had anything about where it was. If you don't know by now, all cars have a mic that takes in the outside noise (engine/wind/others) and shoots back through the car speakers a slight sound you don't notice to counter the soundwaves to make a quieter ride. When you install a sub, you have to disable as it would cause the sub to match the systems sound back with overwhelming continues bass. The installers said they think I don't have one but to test out. Well I do lol. However it is weird, it only seems to activate when no music is playing and I am foot off the gas and the car is shifting down giving a higher engine pitch. What is even weirder, it does not do this when speeding up... Currently I do not plan to have disabled and will try to live with it. It really is not noticeable as long as music is playing. The 8" powered sub I bought provides just enough bass to the car where it is not overwhelming.

PS: ANC disabling runs about another $70-$80 for labor so it would have been around $350 for sub and install total. If anyone finds anything on where the ANC is do let me know. Maybe down the road if it is annoying I will take it back in. Highly recommend adding to the system though. For it being BOSE I was actually quite disappointed in the sound spread as it is all focused at the front of the car (yes I adjusted Fade).

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
ANC is only available on AWD models. There are 6 small microphones located in the headliner that provide feedback to the ANC system. Look above the grab handles.

Steve

Reactions: Aparrish147

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ANC is only available on AWD models. There are 6 small microphones located in the headliner that provide feedback to the ANC system. Look above the grab handles.

Steve
Thanks Steve! I will definitely have to pass it along if I go in to have it done. Wish there was a simpler way to do it other than manually 😂 like if only there was a setting from your head unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess this depends on how you feel about your spair tire and that thunder 6" bass. But I took all that out and and I have a swallow mount jl truck sub/box and fits in there perfectly. I prefer jl cause it's not a breakby I use glass bass and nice and clean. I have a lcq already so just need to run the power, ground and I'll have a 12" that takes up no room in the back

Can get crazy with it and put a 5 channel and lcq7 so everything is amped but seems way to much for me. I'd just like to have a 12" and 500 watts and not take up space

If you would like I to see pics let me know

·
Registered
34 Posts
After a weeknidnrunjng and tapping different lines I finally got my 2000 RMS amp, battery, lci2 pro and all wires in the spare tire area. Running 2 8" sub's in a custom box and got it.upnto 132 dB's. I know its not for everyone but I love my bass and sub's. If anybody is having any issues or questions feel free to ask.
Next I'll be adding a 2nd amp for the door speakers and might make door pods to hold 2 8" mids and custom tweets along with the ones in the pillar ... Tried to load a video but wouldn't let me

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
136 Posts
After a weeknidnrunjng and tapping different lines I finally got my 2000 RMS amp, battery, lci2 pro and all wires in the spare tire area. Running 2 8" sub's in a custom box and got it.upnto 132 dB's. I know its not for everyone but I love my bass and sub's. If anybody is having any issues or questions feel free to ask.
Next I'll be adding a 2nd amp for the door speakers and might make door pods to hold 2 8" mids and custom tweets along with the ones in the pillar ... Tried to load a video but wouldn't let me
If you are going to add an amp off the LC2I for your speakers, you will lose your fade controls. Also make sure you splice off the front output instead of the rear outputs if you decide to install an amp. If you fail to go with the front you wont have any voice coming from Siri, Text Messages, Voice Navigation or Phone Calls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, just purchased an RS non Bose 6 speaker.

I'm adding an amp (accepts high level) and subwoofer. My plan is to tap signal at rear speaker. Not using LOC, just going cheap and easy, for now...

Does anyone have a speaker wire chart? Is the TB the same as most Chevys as far as speaker colors?

Also, do we know of the rear speakers are full signal?

@Sattertrail did you tap rears right before the door or at amp? Did you run power through the drivers side? Any gotchas taking the trim panels off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
At first I tapped the rear door speakers but the signal sucked. Ultimately what I ended up doing was snipping the yellow and yellow and black wire before the factory amp in the back and that gave me a strong full signal. That 1 full range signal powers 6 speakers and 2 subs. I did replace all 4 door speakers and tweeters. I put a 2000 watt 4 channel for the mids and highs and a 3000 watt mono for my subs. Both amps, loc and battery are in the rear tire area. I was able to get a good ground back there as well, so I only have 1 4gauge wire running to the front battery. One thing to keep in mind, if you have auto start off you will see a big drop off in power. Also always back sure you use a USB-c to connect your phone for apple car play or Android. Playing.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I'm adding an amp (accepts high level) and subwoofer. My plan is to tap signal at rear speaker. Not using LOC, just going cheap and easy, for now...

Does anyone have a speaker wire chart? Is the TB the same as most Chevys as far as speaker colors?

Th

your questions.

@Sattertrail did you tap rears right before the door or at amp? Did you run power through the driversdidn't answer side? Any gotchas taking the trim panels off?

Sorry

Thanks!

@Sattertrail did you tap rears right before the door or at amp? Did you run power through the drivers side? Any gotchas taking the trim panels off?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts