Trailblazer Forum banner

If you are merging on to I95, can you beat out the TT that is in the merging lane?

• Of Course it does the RS is Fabulous!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A little bit of lag

• My foot is to the floor to get this to happen

• Go find another car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you, I'm in the process of getting a new car since my Malibu LTZ flooded on Sept 1st in PA due to IDA. I loved the pick of my LTZ but it was horrible in the snow. Can you tell me more about the pickup with the RS since I'm not able to even drive one till it comes into the dock in Baltimore, MD, and makes its way up to PA on the 16th? UGHH LOL. It's between this and a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium with all the bells and whistles. It has a great pick-up of 200 hp, which is better for getting onto all the highways in the Philadelphia area. The other car would be the 2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo AWD, Its cute-looking (don't laugh) pickup is okay if you have your foot to the floor LOL. I think I scared the manager of the dealership test driving it, last night LOL. A test drive is a test drive! The 2 other things I didn't like about it is the steering wheel is quite smaller (reminds me of F1 cars) and the trunk is quite a bit smaller. Honestly, I think I have nixed this one, due to its lag and putting my foot to the floor. Super cool car if you only drive local and aren't dealing with TT's.
All the reports on KBB and Edmunds say the pick-up isn't that great. So I'm concerned about beating out a tractor-trailer getting onto the highways. Any advice you can give me ASAP would be greatly appreciated! If anyone lives in the Philadelphia area, please let me know! I would love to even be a passenger in the car to see how it acts/reacts!
Text or call me at 610-476-7519, if you text me say hey it's so and so from the trailblazer forum! :)
Thank you in advance! Kimberly

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have found the pick up to be more than adequate on my Trailblazer (LT AWD.) Especially when merging onto the highway. I’ve noticed it is very responsive when you give it gas when you’re already doing 40-50 mph. It’s also been great in the snow.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
369 Posts
Kcollins2021,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you have been put in a position to make a choice, maybe sooner than you had planned for. I believe most of us here would be a little bias towards the TB as a choice. I have no experience with a Steltos, so I wouldn't be able to fairly judge the capabilities. I did drive a Mitsubishi Outlander for a few days in May on vacation. I can say the TB is a much better vehicle.
My experience over the last 17 months, is the TB overall is fun to drive. It has good low end torque feel, but peaks pretty fast. You will learn what you can, and can not beat for a merge. I do wish it had a little more power, but I don't feel that it is underpowered.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forums. I test drove the Seltos while I was shopping for my TB. I found it to be pretty emotionless, reminded me of the Toyota Rav4 I test drove. It's... fine. I chose the TB because it was different and driving it is fun.

·
Registered
2021 chevy trailblazer activ
9 Posts
I don't get up on I-95 much, more of driving around the NJ circles. I think any new car you have to be cautious while you learn its capabilities. So for me, for city driving it works well and I have been getting 30 mpg average, with a best of 33 mpg. I think you still get to do a test drive even if your ordering and waiting for it to come in. I test drove the trek and the TB was much better pickup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question for you, I'm in the process of getting a new car since my Malibu LTZ flooded on Sept 1st in PA due to IDA. I loved the pick of my LTZ but it was horrible in the snow. Can you tell me more about the pickup with the RS since I'm not able to even drive one till it comes into the dock in Baltimore, MD, and makes its way up to PA on the 16th? UGHH LOL. It's between this and a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium with all the bells and whistles. It has a great pick-up of 200 hp, which is better for getting onto all the highways in the Philadelphia area. The other car would be the 2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo AWD, Its cute-looking (don't laugh) pickup is okay if you have your foot to the floor LOL. I think I scared the manager of the dealership test driving it, last night LOL. A test drive is a test drive! The 2 other things I didn't like about it is the steering wheel is quite smaller (reminds me of F1 cars) and the trunk is quite a bit smaller. Honestly, I think I have nixed this one, due to its lag and putting my foot to the floor. Super cool car if you only drive local and aren't dealing with TT's.
All the reports on KBB and Edmunds say the pick-up isn't that great. So I'm concerned about beating out a tractor-trailer getting onto the highways. Any advice you can give me ASAP would be greatly appreciated! If anyone lives in the Philadelphia area, please let me know! I would love to even be a passenger in the car to see how it acts/reacts!
Text or call me at 610-476-7519, if you text me say hey it's so and so from the trailblazer forum! :)
Thank you in advance! Kimberly
Hi, Don't believe the online reviews on the "pick up" on the new Trailblazer. I have the 1.3L engine and she picks up just fine. First thing I didn't was take her onto the highway and drove a few exits. Once I got that out of the way I was enamored on the curb appeal of the car, it's just a sharp looking ride. One thing, make sure that you have all LED headlamps in your RS because the halogens are awful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts