Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is a 9-speed transmission

I use the L mode on heavy downhill ( L1 mode )

I have a strange problem here

No matter how much you press the minus button on the derailleur lever, I can't change from L2 mode to L1 mode
(Occurs at 20% frequency)

i can't switch to L1 mode even when the vehicle is stopped.

When switching to L1 mode is possible smoothly, The L1 transition works well in any case, such as when the car is moving or stopped.

Why is that?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
277 Posts
Curious to know why you want to shift down gears when going down a hill? Is there lots of slow moving traffic and you want to keep the transmission in the same gear until traffic speeds pick back up?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious to know why you want to shift down gears when going down a hill? Is there lots of slow moving traffic and you want to keep the transmission in the same gear until traffic speeds pick back up?
I want to reduce the dependence on the foot brake when going down the slope.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Active AWD
22 Posts
reduce the dependence on the foot brake
Curious, Bang- have you found that the engine is strong enough to perform such a slow down? I've used that technique with larger engines, but my last vehicle was a Fusion with a 180hp 1.6 turbo 4 and it never had enough power to be effective. My experience is that such small turbo engines are great for normal drivability (even besting bigger engines in some cases). But the turbo doesn't come into play when trying to perform and engine braking and thus it's not a very robust way to that. (To be honest, I haven't been able to break my vehicle in! Due to COVID i've only put about 300 miles on mine in almost 6 weeks, so I haven't tried to do that yet.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts