Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chevy TRAILBLAZER team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2021 Chevy TRAILBLAZER, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this TRAILBLAZER, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $16,950 and it has 11000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks

·
Registered
2022 TB LT awd 1.3 2020 Tacoma SR5
68 Posts
Get a full inspection. Before buying a car with a salvage title, make sure to have it inspected by a mechanic you trust—don’t just rely on the owner’s description of the vehicle’s current condition. This way, you’ll know what sort of damage you might be dealing with if you purchase the car.
Check the car’s history. Double-check what led to the vehicle being assigned a salvage title. You can visit the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) to get a car history report from one of its data providers. Also, be sure to ask the seller for receipts and estimates for the repairs, or contact the body shop that performed the work.
See when the salvage title was issued.A car that received a salvage title years ago but that has been dependably driven in the time since is generally a more certain bet compared to a vehicle that was damaged more recently.
Consider your financing options. Lenders typically see cars with salvage titles as very risky investments, which could make it difficult to get a loan for this kind of vehicle.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,113 Posts
It all depends on why the car was assigned as salvaged title. Stay away from anything water related (flooded) since they can have so many electrical issues and there's always an abundance of salvaged vehicles after natural disasters like Florida just experienced.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agree with ZR2LIFE, the reason for salvage title is far more important than simply having a salvage title. Water damage can impact a car many years down the road, not immediately. If it was just wrecked and repaired, a full inspection by a trusted mechanic is all you need to know if it's worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone comments, I've gone through everyone comments
Thank you guys for the concerned raised here, I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here, I'd rather get a clean title one, anyways I already run the VIN Check on this car, yes this car was sold at auction for $7500, and the damage seems to be serious, what do you guys think?
(It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the car report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

·
Registered
2022 TB LT awd 1.3 2020 Tacoma SR5
68 Posts
Thanks for everyone comments, I've gone through everyone comments
Thank you guys for the concerned raised here, I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here, I'd rather get a clean title one, anyways I already run the VIN Check on this car, yes this car was sold at auction for $7500, and the damage seems to be serious, what do you guys think?
(It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the car report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
View attachment 1631
Yup walk away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts