Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should be used to clean the surface of the touch screen?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
178 Posts
I just use a damp microfiber cloth. You can also use those cleaners made specifically for monitors and tv screens. Don't use Windex, alcohol or anything with harsh chemicals.

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just use a damp microfiber cloth. You can also use those cleaners made specifically for monitors and tv screens. Don't use Windex, alcohol or anything with harsh chemicals.

Steve
Totally agree. If the screen is just dusty, I keep my microfiber cloth dry so as to remove as much oil and dust as possible. However, if the screen is significantly dirty and hasn't been cleaned in a while, definitely go for a damp cloth. And to echo Steve once again, avoid ammonia/alcohol based cleaners. I find that a spray bottle full of water with just a few drops of soap does the job just fine.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought dish soap type of stuff had abrasives in it, enough to damage a screen like these over time. I know you should not wash cars with it.......
If you think about what dish soap like Dawn or Dial is made for like removing grease and caked-on food, then you'll understand why it's not good for your car. While it does a good job, it's good because it's considered an abrasive soap. ... Dish soap will also break down a car's wax coat and can be tough on rubber

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure where the chemophobia is coming from, but I've always used eyeglass cleaner for cleaning my screens. No ill effects to report after two decades of use. The recipe is literally alcohol and dish soap with water.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
178 Posts
Dish soap does not contain abrasives, but it will strip wax off the paint. You don't want to use it for washing your car unless you plan on waxing after washing.

Anything with alcohol is not recommended for touch screens as it can damage the plastic, but alcohol is good on glass.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts