Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing a lot about the Trailblazers lack of power!!! Have they actually driven one? I know it’s not a Corvette but it is really fun to drive. My husband has a Duramax 2500 hd personal truck and a f350 work truck that he drives every day. If he needs to run out after work he will AWAYS take my Trailblazer. He says it’s great to zip around in!

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
I agree. It is not a 6.2 motor but for what it is it zips around just fine. I have never had a moment where I wish it had more power. My other car is a Challenger R/T and driven them both are simply diff driving experiences that I enjoy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Fully agree. If anyone had told me 10 years ago that a 1.3l 3 cylinder engine would be fun, I’d have said they were nuts. Now that I have one, I love it, it feels responsive and a lot of fun zipping around town.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
26 Posts
If you read car and driver non of the compact SUV's have enough power. People that have driven a TB know how ridiculous those specific opinion ratings are for the most part.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
I like the power and I rarely use sport drive (I forget it's there honestly).

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you read car and driver non of the compact SUV's have enough power. People that have driven a TB know how ridiculous those specific opinion ratings are for the most part.
Yeah if you're a reviewer who does nothing but drive every car ever made, I could see how you could think it is underpowered.

If you live in the real world though and drive like 3 cars in a 10 year span it isn't a problem at all.

I went from the 4.3L V6 Blazer - Super slow. Had it lifted on 33"x12.5" tires too so it was EXTRA slow. Literally zero throttle response, especially when overtaking on the highway. Had to turn off cruise control and let the speed drop when going up mild sized hills.

Then had a Range Rover Evoque with the 2.0L Ford Ecoboost 4 Cyl. - 220hp or so. Should be the power the TB requires right? Well, throttle response was brutal in it. SO much turbo lag. Leaves you stranded when trying to punch it to make a left turn in a gap in traffic then just overwhelms you when the power finally hits.

Then to a 6spd manual Hyundai Accent with like 100hp. Feels like you're zipping around fairly quick because you're the one selecting the RPMs to shift at. In reality it was slow as molasses, getting the TB finally showed me just how slow it is.

So in my lifetime, the TB is the most responsive, quickest to zip around town car I've ever owned. More than good enough for me.

I also have a motorbike if I feel like going a little faster...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been hearing a lot about the Trailblazers lack of power!!! Have they actually driven one? I know it’s not a Corvette but it is really fun to drive. My husband has a Duramax 2500 hd personal truck and a f350 work truck that he drives every day. If he needs to run out after work he will AWAYS take my Trailblazer. He says it’s great to zip around in!
I totally agree! My TB has excellent horsepower. I'm always first out of a red light- not even on purpose or from speeding- my lil' TB just has a heart of power!

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
My last car was a 2002 Corvette Z06 with 450hp and now a 2018 Colorado ZR2 with 320hp and the Trailblazer still seems zippy despite me being so used to more power. The little 3cyl is impressive for it's size!

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
356 Posts
Then had a Range Rover Evoque with the 2.0L Ford Ecoboost 4 Cyl. - 220hp or so. Should be the power the TB requires right? Well, throttle response was brutal in it. SO much turbo lag. Leaves you stranded when trying to punch it to make a left turn in a gap in traffic then just overwhelms you when the power finally hits.
Was the Evoque from new and had lag, or used? I like the look of this vehicle a lot. I have read stories where the turbo's do not hold up on them and are spendy to replace. That engine bay is extremely tight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Was the Evoque from new and had lag, or used? I like the look of this vehicle a lot. I have read stories where the turbo's do not hold up on them and are spendy to replace. That engine bay is extremely tight.
It was bought used, 4 years old with something like 50-60,000km on it. Yeah ultimately I owned it for 4 months, got spooked by it going into limp mode a couple times, and got out from under it ASAP. Bought the Accent just to have something to drive, and then Chevy announced the TB which was EXACTLY what I wanted in a car (basically just the Evoque but not terrifyingly expensive to fix).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts