Trailblazer Forum banner

Hood deflector

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  psnyder53 
#1 ·
2022 RS, summit white. Looking around for hood deflector (only 1200 miles and already a small chip on the very front of hood). But so many choices it overwhelms. Some are acrylic, some are ABS, some tape on, some don't. Then there is smoke black and matte black. Thought I'd check here and get advice on peoples experience with abs vs acrylic, tape on or not, and which matches RS front end better as far as color (smoke or matte). Thanks in advance.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Matte black would match closer to the trim on the wheel wells. I personally would not want one that tapes on. Someone just recently posted their installation and it looks good. Might want to find that post, and see if they have any insight for you.
Thanks. I think I'm going Matte black. Now trying to decide between 2 types. One that lays flat, almost like a skin on the front. This does protect the edge but does not off much protection of the rest of the hood or windshield. The other is the typical raised up style that has been around for years which offers not just edge protection but would deflect stones, etc from the hood and windshield (but I find to be a bit ugly and yelling "I'm an add on".)

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I did the one from the chevy accessories site, it does lay flat. I am ok with this one because all of the chips i had in the hood was right there in front and the edge. i have visually inspected the rest of the hood and there was no other chips, seems like everything hits the front.
Thanks for the info. I too have only chips on the front edge. I'm gonna go with the lay flat version. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.