Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
659 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
387 Posts
I would like to see one on a car before deciding. if not GM logo’d, I would probably look for this at a accessories shop. Nice to see more accessories becoming available

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered the dark smoke on Friday. Monday I get an email saying it’s back ordered. Will ship when available. No lead time given.
Not surprised, plastics are hard to come by these days. I do medical supply and I have so many back orders due to plastics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been considering getting one for my white RS 2022. But hard to decide which color would look better as the grill, roof, rails are all glossy black. Would love to see a picture of an RS to see what these look like if anyone has a pic. Also, anyone know how these attach?? Some deflectors use tape (I had that experience with a previous car and it did NOT last well). I looked at the hood (inside) and there are only plugs to remove along the edge, not screw type. Once you pop plugs out and then attach deflector with same plugs they don't always firmly hold.

·
Premium Member
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS
75 Posts
I just ordered a smoke black.

·
Premium Member
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS
75 Posts
Just got the dreaded Backorder email

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
18 Posts
I recently installed the smoke black version on my 21 LT. Not sure how much it actually helps at deflecting bugs/rocks/etc, but during install I discovered I already had a rock chip on the very front of the hood (now covered by deflector) so at least it will protect from that in the future. It should be noted that this doesn't "stick up" as nearly as much as the aftermarket deflectors you often see. It is flush with the hood and follows the body lines. As for looks, I do really like the upgrade. It looks pretty similar to thecrowtv's picture above, but that appears to be the matte version. I will add pictures of mine when I get the opportunity.

As for ease of install, I wouldn't describe this as too difficult, but I did it with assistance from a second person. I think it would be difficult to do on your own. The process itself is pretty simple, you are to mask off the hood around where the deflector will go before cleaning the area with included alcohol wipes and some sort of pre-treatment chemical. After that, it is simply lining up the deflector and removing the backing tape. As long as you get the ends started beforehand, this process is pretty simple. Just pull the backing off while applying pressure. This is where the second person is helpful. If one person handles keeping the deflector in place and applying pressure while the other pulls the backing off of the tape, it goes smoothly.

EDIT: pictures attached

1 - 20 of 27 Posts