Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my code reader from an app I have on my phone. It is reading a P1467. Looking on online it could be anything. Looks like it is prob a Evap issue?

· Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
I used my code reader from an app I have on my phone. It is reading a P1467. Looking on online it could be anything. Looks like it is prob a Evap issue?
Seems to be happening more lately as I've seen a few with this problem. The dealership will definitely replace the solenoid or pump under warranty if necessary. Another possibility is the gas cap isn't on all the way. That will also set an evap code.

· Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I filled it yesterday on the way home from a 300 mile trip. It never came on then. I check it tonight just in case, still on.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Purge valve is bad. Glad to see I got 20k miles out of it. ha ha
I've seen a few owmers report the same part being replaced so GM must have a real problem with the purge valves.

Reactions: lopezp3013

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys just hit 20K and guess what, engine light is on. According the OnStar app it is an emissions issue. Not the gas cap (I checked it about 20 times). Might be the purge valves. I guess I will be calling the dealer soon!

· Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems that there have been many issues for emissions related stuff. Purge valve, Sounds like a faulty part for many of these issues.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
UPDATE

As expected it was, in fact, the Purge pump. It is on order.
Thanks for the update and it does seem like GM has a problem with the purge pump, it's becoming the most common failure of any single part so far.

· Registered
2 Posts
2021 FWD Trailblazer here. Just clocked in over 19k miles a couple weeks ago and then Check Engine light turned on. Error code ‘P1467 - ‘EVAP Purge Pump underspeed’. Is this something that will be covered by GM? I mean, will the Purge Pump/Valve be replaced at no cost to me? I love this 1.3L Turbo as it gets terrific gas mileage. Sad to see this go out so soon, but at least it appears to be a ‘known issue’.

· Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are under 36k or 3 years ownership from NEW purchase you are under BUMPER TO BUMPER coverage. ALL ISSUES would be warranty covered. The EVAP issue has become a comom issue for these vehicles for some od reason. As long as the check light is NOT flashing you can keep driving it. Anytime you get a flashing check light you should get the car in asap.

· Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know the part number on this? I just crossed over 19k and i havent had any issues. and i realize this is something that should be covered under warranty, but if it seems to a common failure item i would like to order one now so that if/when it goes out then i wont have to wait for a backorder part.
At the rate that these EVAP Purge Pumps are going out, the new replacement pump is likely only as good as the original. As stated elsewhere here, the dealerships are replacing the failed part with a NEW soon-to-fail part. I personally would hold off on buying another now, and at $175 for one, might as well wait to see if a new IMPROVED pump comes out.

· Registered
3 Posts
If you are under 36k or 3 years ownership from NEW purchase you are under BUMPER TO BUMPER coverage. ALL ISSUES would be warranty covered. The EVAP issue has become a comom issue for these vehicles for some od reason. As long as the check light is NOT flashing you can keep driving it. Anytime you get a flashing check light you should get the car in asap.
I leased mine in May 2021. I'm barely at 8700K miles and the check engine light turned on. Got the P1467 code come up also. I see everyone else on here with way higher mileage than mine. I'm having the dealer check it out :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts