Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
I think you could pop the key out of the fob, lock the fob inside the car and stick the key portion in a hide-a-key somewhere. I think that if your fob is in the center console, it should be far enough away to keep someone from being able to unlock the car with the button on the outside door handle. (I have not confirmed this, though.)

I think there may be a feature (which can probably be disabled in vehicle settings) that keeps the car from locking with the door button (upon exiting the vehicle) if there is still a fob inside the car. You could probably also bypass this by using the physical key to lock the door from the outside (after popping off the cover on the side of the door handle).

Please note that I have not tried any of this; I'm just positing a guess as to how it might all work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figured it out you got a hold the lock and unlock button at the same time the headlights flash four times and then the little thumb button doesn’t work on the handle
Thank you for this. With summer coming up was trying to devise a way of like wrapping my key fob in some foil or something so I could leave it in the car while I’m out and just using my phone to unlock via the app, but now I don’t have to go through that effort

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts