2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is missing some forums. I know there are few of these little guys on the road but the numbers will grow and they will come here because this site pops first in a search for TB forums.
Would be nice to see some forums for say....
Driveline
Interior
Exterior
Sound system

Just look at some other car forums for ideas. This site needs them badly at some point. You don't change it now and everything is just in a general forum, it will be hard to search for help with things years down the road.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree that the structure here is a bit sparse. It seems to support the current number of active members just fine, but you're right that the active users should be expected to increase and then this structure will feel unstructured.

In addition to the list provided above, I also appreciate the following two forum sections seen commonly on other vehicle-specific automotive forums:
  • TSBs and Recalls
  • Workshop / Garage / Technical

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TSSB/Recalls is a VERY good one to have here being the TB is new. If these forums we ask about are not put up sooner then later and we are a year or two down the road, all the threads that could go into sub forums will be in just the one general one here. Eventually that will bite you in the ass when the site is older and you have so much info in one forum when it should be in dedicated forums as being asked about now.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
TSSB/RECALLS would be a great idea for quick referencing. The owners manual and any repair manuals would be nice to add in one of them. For now it is easy to find the owners manual thread on here.
I am sure as the traffic grows on here, more topics will pop up. Not too many modifications or repairs to date(Thankful on the repair side) I am just waiting for more accessories to roll out.

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This site is not owned or run by a TB owner and has no skin in the game, just a company that owns 800 plus forums. This does not look good. Maybe we should start our own, actual owners of these cars.

"TrailblazerTalk.com is owned by VerticalScope Inc, the leader in online forums. With over 800 forum communities"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Who are We?
TrailblazerTalk.com was started by a group of enthusiasts that shared a common passion for the Chevy Trailblazer.
Who owns TrailblazerTalk.com?
TrailblazerTalk.com is owned by VerticalScope Inc, the leader in online forums. With over 800 forum communities, VerticalScope provides the technology that powers the community. Our team of volunteer moderators and administrators watch over the content, and actively patrol for spam, user behavioural issues, and make sure threads are in the right categories.

This forum being owned by a private company doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be responsive or supportive. This forum could prove an excellent, well run, and long lived TB forum...but that all depends on the owners and administrators. That being said, there are a ton of other forums dedicated to the previous TB generations. Tthose forums may find it distasteful to adopt the new TB since it lacks the offroad and rugged credentials of the previous generations...or they also might welcome us. I'm not ready to jump ship, though.

@Administrator should this thread be moved to Community Help ?

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope this is a good forum. But based on how it is set up. If they looked at other CAR/TRUCK forums they would realize this lacks in just common forums found on most forums for vehicles. It just looks like a corp (so to speak) run forum to me.

Reactions: Quaid

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would like to know more about VerticalScope. It's possible that GM/Chevy pay for this forum as a service for the customers, but it also seems that VS use forums as aggregators for targetted advertising opportunities. It's not clear to me which (or maybe both?) pay for this forum, or whether this forum is generating revenue for VS at all....yet.

Our History – VerticalScope Inc.

Acquisitions – VerticalScope Inc.
(NOTE 2014 acquisition of AVSForum, which was large and active...not sure if it still is?)

Automotive – VerticalScope Inc.

Be The Solution – VerticalScope Inc.
(NOTE targetted advertising)

Meet GCS – VerticalScope Inc.
(NOTE modern influencing mechanisms, so stay frosty)

Our Clients – VerticalScope Inc.
(NOTE Chevrolet is listed as a client)

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been the owner and have run www.yesfans.com for 20 years. Totally fan based and driven website. No help from the band or its management. I loved YES and wanted to start a hobby related to them. 20 years later while site traffic has slowed it still kicks and breaths.

·
Administrator
39 Posts
Hi everyone,

We are fully committed to building the best community for the new Trailblazer and are responsive to community feedback. We will definitely add more sections shortly. Typically we start communities with a small number of sections and then expand the number gradually.

Thank you for the feedback. When concerns arise, please simply post in this community concerns section and we will address concerns promptly.

Our priority is healthy communities for enthusiasts. The site is backed by a full technical team to ensure site reliability, and there is also a community team to ensure that any concerns, like the need for more subforums, are addressed as needed. We are here for you!

Taylor P

·
Administrator
39 Posts
I would like to know more about VerticalScope. It's possible that GM/Chevy pay for this forum as a service for the customers, but it also seems that VS use forums as aggregators for targetted advertising opportunities. It's not clear to me which (or maybe both?) pay for this forum, or whether this forum is generating revenue for VS at all....yet.
VerticalScope has been providing online communities for many years. GM/Chevy do not pay for the forum, but they may advertise from time-to-time on some of our sites. We are constantly iterating our software to add features and keep sites and communities up to date. We work hard to ensure that we have a reliable back-end for site reliability, with a full technical and development staff, as well as a community team to address any concerns. If there is anything wrong with a site, just let us know and we will fix it as soon as possible. We aim in good faith to build the best enthusiast communities we can. Nearly everyone who works at VerticalScope are auto enthusiasts who are long-standing members of communities and appreciate and understand the importance of healthy communities. From time-to-time we appreciate a nudge to add more forums or change something, just let us know please. :)

Taylor P

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
101 Posts
One suggestion would be to change the forum name to Trailblazer instead of Trail Blazer. Trail Blazer (2 words) refers to the older platform while Trailblazer (1 word) refers to the new one. GM did this to distinguish the new from the old.

Steve

·
Administrator
39 Posts
One suggestion would be to change the forum name to Trailblazer instead of Trail Blazer. Trail Blazer (2 words) refers to the older platform while Trailblazer (1 word) refers to the new one. GM did this to distinguish the new from the old.

Steve
My understanding is the logo is broken into two words only so that the logo would fit better on certain screens, such as mobile devices. When a mobile device is turned on its side (in landscape) the area remaining for the logo is quite small. If there is anywhere else on the forum where "Trail Blazer" is written out instead of "Trailblazer" let us know and we will fix it!

Taylor P

·
Administrator
39 Posts
The new sections added to the forum are live!

I moved over some existing threads into each section as appropriate. Please add any new questions/discussion topics that you have in mind to make these sections more useful to everyone. More sections will be added as the Trailblazer community continues to grow.

We are also considering appointing a moderator. If this responsibility interests you, send me a private message.

Thanks everyone for the feedback,

Taylor P

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the work. I would suggest one more forum. A General talk forum. Just for those that come here to shoot the breeze on in general topics. Other cars, sports, etc. I'd suggest NO POLITICS, that is a pain to moderate.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Administrator
39 Posts
Thanks for all the work. I would suggest one more forum. A General talk forum. Just for those that come here to shoot the breeze on in general topics. Other cars, sports, etc. I'd suggest NO POLITICS, that is a pain to moderate.
Yes. I have added an Off-Topic section to provide a place for this discussion. I also discourage political discussion.

Taylor P

1 - 16 of 16 Posts