Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with getting a USB stick to work in the 2021 Trailblazer.

I have an old USB stick of 4GB that works fine and is formatted as FAT32. I bought three new ones -- 2 Sans Disk 16GB sticks and one monster 1TB stick. I can format the 16GB as FAT 32, the 1TB is limited to NTFS or exFAT. I can copy files on the new 16GB sticks and see and play them from my PC. I can see and play them on my home entertainment center but none of them show up on the car (no device found).

What's the magic handshake?

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
155 Posts
Eeeks got me on this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All three are formatted to one of these systems (FAT 32). I think there is a device size limitation somewhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The only other specification that I found was page 130:

USB MP3 Player and USB Devices
The USB MP3 players and USB devices
connected must comply with the USB Mass Storage Class specification (USB MSC).
I doubt you've run afoul of this specification, though. When I get a chance I'll try some of my USB sticks to see if I can replicate your trouble.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
73 Posts
Intrigued by your dilemma, I tried this connection too, without success. 1GB Stick, FAT32, *.mp3. Confirmed that stick play worked on PC. Went to audio>more and no USB selection button was available, as per owner's manual. LED on stick lit up upon insertion, but nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally gave up, downloaded rocket player from the android store, and put everything on my phone. It works great through Android Auto.

I really wanted to avoid that as my phone is not part of existance like so many people. Until someone finds the solution, I have no choice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts