Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just purchased a pacific blue metallic trailblazer LT with the panoramic sunroof. I pick it up on Thursday. I’m super excited to get one as they are rare up here. Super hard to find. I drove an hour away to test drive it and fell in love. The only thing that was missing was the leather steering wheel which I was hoping it would have been heated. It’s almost like Christmas, the wait is so hard. I just purchased it on Saturday and it already feels like forever. I’m getting the front windows tinted to match the back. I’ve been reading some of the posts and learning a lot. I’m looking forward to next summer , roof open , my kayak next to me and hitting the road. Just wanted to say hi and can’t wait to share our adventures and experiences with our Trailblazers.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
234 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Trailblazer.

Steve

Reactions: Nazcat50

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
289 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please visit often. Tell us how you like your TB as you put the miles on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did my first road trip with a few girlfriends and it was such a comfortable ride. Emptied the tank that was nicely filled on pickup and when I refilled it was surprisingly on $41 !! I was very pleased over all. I am finding some odd things but will see if there is anything on this forum that might help out! I also took it through a touchless car wash and was very disappointed in the wash so just washed again at home. Is there any reason why I should not wax my TB right away? will this do anything to the new paint job? thanks for the welcomes!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is there any reason why I should not wax my TB right away? will this do anything to the new paint job? thanks for the welcomes!
No problems waxing. The only time you shouldn't wax is right after new paint is applied.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you Steve, that is what I was thinking . i am guessing if the car is on the lot and now purchased 2 weeks ago, should be long enough?

·
Registered
234 Posts
thank you Steve, that is what I was thinking . i am guessing if the car is on the lot and now purchased 2 weeks ago, should be long enough?
Yes and it's the perfect time to start protecting the paint. If you start now the paint will look great for a long time. You might even consider having a ceramic coating put on since it's much better than wax, but it's also way more expensive. I'm using one of Meguiars new spray waxes with ceramic coating and it seems to work pretty good. It's about $15 at Wal-Mart, much cheaper than $1k to $2k for a full ceramic coating.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
Where do you get ceramic coating done, how much, how long does it last if the TB is sitting outside all the time?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where do you get ceramic coating done, how much, how long does it last if the TB is sitting outside all the time?
Most detail shops or mobil detailing can do it. I'd look for someone who is licensed and has experience since the cost is so high ($1k to $2k). The ceramic coating will usually last about 10 years or so and you don't need to wax it ever, just normal washes.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
1k to 2K, damn. Not cheap.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. I just purchased a pacific blue metallic trailblazer LT with the panoramic sunroof. I pick it up on Thursday. I’m super excited to get one as they are rare up here. Super hard to find. I drove an hour away to test drive it and fell in love. The only thing that was missing was the leather steering wheel which I was hoping it would have been heated. It’s almost like Christmas, the wait is so hard. I just purchased it on Saturday and it already feels like forever. I’m getting the front windows tinted to match the back. I’ve been reading some of the posts and learning a lot. I’m looking forward to next summer , roof open , my kayak next to me and hitting the road. Just wanted to say hi and can’t wait to share our adventures and experiences with our Trailblazers.
i just bought the same one! Love it! Sunroof is great here in south Florida!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts