Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
291 Posts
I would assume on the big or small screen and whatever resolution the camera is, the image should be squared out on the screen?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
140 Posts
VectorExpert,
You must have the standard 7' display, correct? The 8' are HD, but it looks like the 8" screen displayed does not fill out the entire display area from what I am seeing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I think so. I have the LT so I don't have all the top of the line stuff that the activ and RS have but still a shame a rear view camera on a 2021 looks like its straight out of 2001

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
That is what mine looks like. Me and the Wife do not recall it looking like that when we got it, seeing the lic plate and the dark rounded top corners. We have ACTIV model so we have the better set up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is what mine looks like. Me and the Wife do not recall it looking like that when we got it, seeing the lic plate and the dark rounded top corners. We have ACTIV model so we have the better set up.
Do you have the "Technology Package"? I believe that is the package with the HD Rear Vision Camera.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Pretty sure I do. Forget what all is on that package, would have to look at my window sticker.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
25 Posts
Yeah I wish I had the Tech package. I'm missing out on the HD camera and the wireless android auto.
The sad thing is that wireless Android Auto is now standard on all models; they started including the upgrade mid-model year.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
I have tried to use the wireless with my Iphone, I think it is supposed to work with that also but it tells me to plug it in or something. I don't know. There is so much to this car I need to get the manual out and have my lawyer explain it to me. ha ha ha

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
140 Posts
Wireless connection would have been a nice standard Feature for all models. As almost everyone has a cell phone. The majority probably also use wireless charging now.
I am good with a standard definition screen. I don’t need the details of individual particles to be seen when backing up. As long as I can identify what is behind me, I am good.
If the camera is moving around, well then we have an issue.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
82 Posts
Can anyone take pics of there rear camera in action, maybe include the whole unit so my dealer knows it is a TB screen. I am looking for other ones on dealer lots but not finding any.
From my RS with the 8" HD display. The wavy bottom is the bumper cover. You can JUST barely see the license plate frame in the lower right corner. I've been impressed with the resolution.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
That is how mine looked when we first got it.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
237 Posts
That is how mine looked when we first got it.
It really sounds like something in your camera housing shifted or loosened up causing the picture to change. My 8" HD display looks just like the one above.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
I think that also. Other then the one posted here that is the same as mine they all are correct otherwise. Going to hit up a few dealers and look at others and take pics of those. The one here that is like mine I would consider taking it to the dealer and saying it is not right. I just took pics of the ones on here on my phone to show my dealer.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
237 Posts
Having several pictures of correctly functioning cameras in other Trailblazers should help your case for warranty repair.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Lets hope so.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
It must vary. One pic here with it pointing down, and two diff dealers with it doing what mine does. I guess it can be normal. I still may push it down the road after I look at a few others that look correct and take pics and then take it to my dealer and say "look at these, this is how mine looked".

21 - 40 of 40 Posts