Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple days, I cannot get Apps to start. I get Connection Failure (Error code: 401)

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
227 Posts
What happens when you press ok on the screen? Does everything else seem to work? You may want to go in to the settings and try the factory default for resetting. This would probably wipe out anything you have added, but may need a restart.
When this first started happening I assume you were trying to use an app?
I will be Captain obvious here and ask have you shut the screen off completely and turned it back on to see if there is any change?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After pressing ok, it just goes back to previous screen. Everything thing else seem to be ok (radio/sound, CarPlay etc). I did try factory reset and it’s still acting the same way. Also looked for updates (there weren’t any). Other than turning the vehicle off, I dont see any other way of turning display off/on. This has been like like this for a couple days, so it’s been turned off that way. When I first got the car end of Oct, the App function seemed to work/no error code. I just hadn’t had much time to mess with it because my husband is in the hospital and it only allowed interaction when not driving. When I finally took a few minutes to look at it, couldn’t get past that 401 error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After pressing ok, it just goes back to previous screen. Everything thing else seem to be ok (radio/sound, CarPlay etc). I did try factory reset and it’s still acting the same way. Also looked for updates (there weren’t any). Other than turning the vehicle off, I dont see any other way of turning display off/on. This has been like like this for a couple days, so it’s been turned off that way. When I first got the car end of Oct, the App function seemed to work/no error code. I just hadn’t had much time to mess with it because my husband is in the hospital and it only allowed interaction when not driving. When I finally took a few minutes to look at it, couldn’t get past that 401 error.
Also wanted to add, I’m not totally tech illiterate when it comes to PC/device, just this tech In cars. My last car was 2004 and things have changed a bit since then ;-)

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
227 Posts
Pgh Pammy,
By turning it off, I meant have you shut the screen off? You need to hold the button down for a couple of seconds. A quick push will only mute the sound. It is probably a long shot for it to be that easy. You will most likely need to setup a service visit. Hopefully it is something easy, like doing some type of a flash update. Please let us know if you get a resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pgh Pammy,
By turning it off, I meant have you shut the screen off? You need to hold the button down for a couple of seconds. A quick push will only mute the sound. It is probably a long shot for it to be that easy. You will most likely need to setup a service visit. Hopefully it is something easy, like doing some type of a flash update. Please let us know if you get a resolution.
I didn’t know about that option, so thanks, I will keep that in mind for the future. What I ended up doing that seems to have a fixed it was in addition to doing factory reset, I then also deleted all of my personal information and settings. I found that was a separate step from the Factory Reset option. Then I turned car off and back on and it‘s working again. Just had to reconfigure personal settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts