Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was driving the TB today and while driving a light came on and ssid Have Chassis serviced. Anyone know what this may be? Seems it went away the next time she restarted the truck.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Message has not came back. Took to dealer yesterday fro oil change, no codes found so at this point wait and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
237 Posts
It's a software glitch. GM is working on an update.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do yo know but not my dealer? ha ha ha

·
Registered
237 Posts
How do yo know but not my dealer? ha ha ha
It was on the NHTSA site. Search for 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer under recalls and then select the tab for "manufacturer communications". Lots of interesting info there. There are actually several false warnings related to software glitches.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they fixing any of them?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are they fixing any of them?
It just says engineers are working on a solution, so I guess that means they haven't developed a fix yet. Once they figure it out a TSB will be released and dealerships will be able to download a software update.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do dealers have to fix TSB's if my TB has any of the many starting to grow in numbers.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do dealers have to fix TSB's if my TB has any of the many starting to grow in numbers.
Yes as long as your Trailblazer is still under warranty. Once your warranty runs out they will charge you to fix any TSB related repairs. Recalls are different than TSB's since they are required by law to fix them whether you have a warranty or not.

I've seen a random message or two since we got our Trailblazer back in May, but none of them evey came back. It's definitely software issues which are a quick fix once they release the software update.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see there are a few TSB notices on it. One that seems to be on all of them. Should they have see them when I was in and say HEY THERE ARE TSB'S WE NEED TO FIX THEM, or do I need to point them out to them. Does the TSB like a recall know if it is just certain units or on all of them?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe recalls are more VIN specific while TSB's are more like "possible" problems. When you go to dealership and tell them about a problem your having they're supposed to see if your complaint matches any current TSB's. Some dealerships are good and others are just lazy, but all of them have access to current TSB's.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have no issues right now. There is a TSB out there that has not acted out yet but why wait for it to do so.

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Won't this particular issue become a BIG issue if it failed?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Won't this particular issue become a BIG issue if it failed?
If it fails you should get a CEL since it controls the variable valve timing. I'm not sure what happens to the bolt when it fails, but if it was a safety issue a recall would have been issued instead of a TSB.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait for the CEL I guess.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wait for the CEL I guess.
Or you could try to convince the dealership to at least check the bolt to make sure it was installed properly. I've heard of a few people who got the repair done under warranty even without a CEL. It worries me too, but even if that bolt caused engine damage GM is required to fix it or give you a new engine. If my warranty was about to expire I would definitely get them to look at it for peace of mind.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
140 Posts
I have not had any warning light yet, thankfully. I would recommend that when you go in you have the service advisor log it in the records. Probably best to right down what kind of conditions the vehicle was in.(normal driving, wet, hills, stop & go,etc..)That way you have something to fall back on if it comes back.
Intermittent lights are hard for any technician to duplicate. If it doesn't trip a code they can scan and have a starting point they probably will not spend much time looking for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts