Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Took me about 2 1/2 hours to replace the grille insert.

jack the car up after loosening the lugs on the front tires
Removed the front tires
Removed five T15 torx screws four inside the wheel well and one right right under the bumper by the wheel well.
Peeled back the fender flare, it just pops off.
removed the 7mm bolt to the front bumper on the sides
Removed the 6 - 7 mm bolts on the bottom bumper along with the two plastic push pieces
Removed 7 - T15 Torx screws at the top bumper, lifted up the front bumper slightly
Unsnapped front bumper clips on the sides
Pulled front bumper off

at this point if you wanted to change out the emblem, skid piece or grille insert you might as well.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
55 Posts
Oh damn that's a lot of work to put in and don't have the tools for this, I did order the grille insert but looks like I'll just cancel it and go with the vinyl wrap route I thought it would be like the lower skid plate but thankfully I installed both front and back.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh damn that's a lot of work to put in and don't have the tools for this, I did order the grille insert but looks like I'll just cancel it and go with the vinyl wrap route I thought it would be like the lower skid plate but thankfully I installed both front and back.
you dont have a t15 torx or 7 mm socket?

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
55 Posts
you dont have a t15 torx or 7 mm socket?
No, I do not have them. I prefer not to disassemble the whole bumper and regardless the grille insert is back-ordered for 5 weeks. I didn't think it would be this extensive but this is my first vehicle and I don't want to mess something up because I never worked on a car before.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I do not have them. I prefer not to disassemble the whole bumper and regardless the grille insert is back-ordered for 5 weeks. I didn't think it would be this extensive but this is my first vehicle and I don't want to mess something up because I never worked on a car before.
yeah i was hoping it wasnt this detailed or time consuming but I didnt feel like paying the dealership to do the install.

yeah I wouldn’t recommend this to someone who hasnt done any modifications to their car before

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
55 Posts
All I have left to do is get the roof + spoiler & grille insert gloss black, door handles & a silver portion of roof rails to matte black, and change my mirror caps (which arrived damaged so got to return it and they will send a new one). Then all the mods should be done. The grille looks so much better (y)

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I have left to do is get the roof + spoiler & grille insert gloss black, door handles & a silver portion of roof rails to matte black, and change my mirror caps (which arrived damaged so got to return it and they will send a new one). Then all the mods should be done. The grille looks so much better (y)
i tried to plastidip the roof rails. I failed. Got vinyl wrap arriving Wednesday for it

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
55 Posts
i tried to plastidip the roof rails. I failed. Got vinyl wrap arriving Wednesday for it
Nice, I'm dropping my car off on Wednesday to get it wrapped, 2-day duration will post pics once everything is done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 1173
View attachment 1174
View attachment 1175 Took me about 2 1/2 hours to replace the grille insert.

Removed the front tires
Removed five T15 torx screws four inside the wheel well and one right right under the bumper by the wheel well.
Removed the 6 - 7 mm bolts on the bottom bumper along with the two plastic push pieces
Removed 7 - T15 Torx screws at the top bumper, lifted up the front bumper slightly
Pulled front bumper off

at this point if you wanted to change out the emblem, skid piece or grille insert you might as well.
[/Q
View attachment 1173
View attachment 1174
View attachment 1175 Took me about 2 1/2 hours to replace the grille insert.

Removed the front tires
Pulled front bumper off

Do you think the light up emblem would fit? The one they are selling for the blazer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts