2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this forum when searching the internet for a VIN decoder.

After a little research, I discovered that the new AWD Trailblazer is dinghy towable. That is, with a towbar, it can be towed with all four tires on the ground.

I test drove an RS that didn't have all the options I wanted, but was very impressed with the 3 cylinder engine. Very peppy!

I'll be dragging my new Scarlet AWD RS with the four convenience packages behind my motorhome...at least after it arrives. Placed a deposit 5-8. now 5-22, still shown as "in transit".

FYI...towability.
FWD front on dolly or trailer. Can NOT tow 4 wheels on ground
AWD four wheels on ground or trailer. Can NOT tow on dolly front up or rear up.

·
Registered
Love my little RS AWD! ❤️
38 Posts
Thanks for posting about the RS being towable because I'm looking forward to towing my RS behind a motor home.... Can't wait! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am taking mine to be the guinea pig for a baseplate. After that, this company will be marketing them to the public. I’ll be going sometime late June.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes it's AWD :) I'll fix that on the end of the RS in my profile....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Assuming yours is AWD.
Yes mine is AWD.... Can you let me know how you set it up behind the motorhome when you get to that point.... Got to think if I can put my Harley on a lift between the motorhome and the RS..... hmmmmm 🤔🤔

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes mine is AWD.... Can you let me know how you set it up behind the motorhome when you get to that point.... Got to think if I can put my Harley on a lift between the motorhome and the RS..... hmmmmm 🤔🤔
Motorcycle lifts and towing is done a lot. I don’t, so I’m not aware of the intricacies. A lot can be learned at RVforums.com and iRV2.com.
We are scheduled for June 22-26 to be fitted for the towbar baseplate adapter. I will surely be posting my experience here and RVForums.com.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Motorcycle lifts and towing is done a lot. I don’t, so I’m not aware of the intricacies. A lot can be learned at RVforums.com and iRV2.com.
We are scheduled for June 22-26 to be fitted for the towbar baseplate adapter. I will surely be posting my experience here and RVForums.com.
I just went to RVforums site, alot of RVing peeps over there... Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@DPJake I have no experience or connection to either of these vendors. A simple "Google Search" for motorhome motorcycle lift. If it were me, I would probably concentrate on the hydraulic units over any cable/winch units. Probably more expensive, but as they say, "You get what you pay for". Cables become problematic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@DPJake I have no experience or connection to either of these vendors. A simple "Google Search" for motorhome motorcycle lift. If it were me, I would probably concentrate on the hydraulic units over any cable/winch units. Probably more expensive, but as they say, "You get what you pay for". Cables become problematic.

Thanks! 😀
It's about half the cost that I paid for my Harley but I just can't leave it behind 🙂
It looks really good, out of the way of the tow vehicle, no one can steal it up that high too.... I love it! ❤😁

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@DPJake towbar connection is complete. it is documented here: Dinghy Towing a New Trailblazer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts