2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To date 80k Trailblazers have been made and 77k of those had the plastic jack. I feel special being one of only 3k Trailblazers to get the metal jack. It's still a mystery as to why GM switched jacks, but clearly it was a bad decision, lol.

Reactions: Trail Blazed

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
61 Posts
I'm still waiting for GM to send me a letter to pick up the replacement jack been 4-5 months now and haven't heard a thing. Apparently, it's still back-ordered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer in eastern PA had a shipment of replacement jacks last week. I stopped by and had a new steel jack in about 10 minutes.
Call the dealer parts department to see if they have them. You could be waiting a long time to get a invitation from GM to get the jack replaced.
The new metal jack was much better constructed than the mostly plastic jack.
The first time I paid any attention to the plastic jack was when I exchanged it at the dealer. I was shocked how flimsy and cheaply it was made.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
61 Posts
My dealer in eastern PA had a shipment of replacement jacks last week. I stopped by and had a new steel jack in about 10 minutes.
Call the dealer parts department to see if they have them. You could be waiting a long time to get a invitation from GM to get the jack replaced.
The new metal jack was much better constructed than the mostly plastic jack.
The first time I paid any attention to the plastic jack was when I exchanged it at the dealer. I was shocked how flimsy and cheaply it was made.
I'll give the dealer a call.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My son works at the Chevy dealership a few towns over, I went to have lunch with him and asked one of the gals in the service shop about the jacks. She told me they just got them and she got the jack for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts