2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This problem also affects GM crossovers equipped with the nine-speed automatic transmission, including the Buick Encore GX, GMC Terrain, Chevy Blazer and Chevy Equinox.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
So do I need to take my TB in to my dealer? I have no warning lights at this time now headed to 8k miles on the TB.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So do I need to take my TB in to my dealer? I have no warning lights at this time now headed to 8k miles on the TB.
You only have to take it in if you get a warning light. I can't find any information as to how many Trailblazers might be affected, but I suspect it's low. We both have earlier build dates which should not be affected by this TSB.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This TSB should only affect vehicles still on dealer lots although it's possible anyone who recently purchased one may also have the problem.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For once the people with early year release models catch a small break.
Interesting that you mention this because I've had no problems other than software glitches since I bought my Trailblazer in May 2020. It seems like there have been a lot of problems with newer Trailblazers since then. I think it's all the angry Korean workers who didn't get the pay increase they wanted so work got sloppy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the annoying service AWD message that your suppose to ignore never had any issues and mine fell victim to the brake module issue that's been fixed for over 1k now no issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting that you mention this because I've had no problems other than software glitches since I bought my Trailblazer in May 2020. It seems like there have been a lot of problems with newer Trailblazers since then. I think it's all the angry Korean workers who didn't get the pay increase they wanted so work got sloppy.
They actually get more money than other company workers. But their greed is endless

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well mine was built after the strike. I seriously think all the problems with power train is the fact that the power train is made in Mexico. Just saying
Most of the powertrains are built in Mexico across the board has little to do with that. I think the issue with modern GM transmissions is the EPA appeasement they program the modules to shift for the most emission efficient cycle that can cause hang ups/shuddering or jerky response in certain circumstances the 8 Speed Automatic was infamous for this and it was the factory programming it was never a fluid issue like they said. They used a thicker fluid to make the issue go away or be hidden but never actually solved the issue because admitting it would have been a lawsuit nightmare. Aftermarket Tuners around the world figured the issue out within weeks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most of the powertrains are built in Mexico across the board has little to do with that. I think the issue with modern GM transmissions is the EPA appeasement they program the modules to shift for the most emission efficient cycle that can cause hang ups/shuddering or jerky response in certain circumstances the 8 Speed Automatic was infamous for this and it was the factory programming it was never a fluid issue like they said. They used a thicker fluid to make the issue go away or be hidden but never actually solved the issue because admitting it would have been a lawsuit nightmare. Aftermarket Tuners around the world figured the issue out within weeks.
Bolt missing and snap rings not installed correctly! Hmmm

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the engine or transmission has an internal flaw it was missed by GM Mexico QC, but if the flaw is related to final assembly then that falls on GM Korea QC. Another problem is flaws missed by the QC from parts suppliers. Lot's of people to blame, lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How do you figure that an internal snap ring and a bolt for shift valve is finally assembly? Sorry don't agree on that one. But yes a lot of blame to go around 😊👍

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How do you figure that an internal snap ring and a bolt for shift valve is finally assembly? Sorry don't agree on that one. But yes a lot of blame to go around 😊👍
Are you saying GM Korea is disassembling transmissions to inspect internal parts that have already been inspected by GM Mexico? I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. Every part in that transmission was inspected in Mexico, not Korea. Korea is tasked with final assembly which doesn't include internal inspection of engines, transmissions or any part made at other facilities or from other vendors. Please explain if this isn't what you're trying to say.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
????? No the absolute opposite. All the do in Korea is built the car with parts they are given.
We must be looking at this differently. All I was saying is that Mexico is responsible for inspection of the transmissions internal parts while Korea is responsible for installing the transmission. If a worker in Mexico didn't correctly install a snap ring or shift valve bolt then it's Mexico QC who failed, not Korea QC. Korea only assembles the vehicle and puts it through the final QC process where they do a final shake down. If the problem with the snap ring or bolt doesn't show up during the final testing who's fault is it? The blame is on Mexico not Korea, but no matter how you look at it GM's QC failed at some point.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts