Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just picked up my 2021 TB and am absolutely in love but I have notices the front wings above the wheel arches are getting really hot... as in can’t keep my hand on it hot. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Trailblazer! Can you explain what you mean by "wings" or maybe post a picture of what you're referring to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thank you 😊
Sorry I mean the front fenders. The hood stays a reasonable, normal temperature after driving but both front fenders are extremely hot ... especially the right one (passenger side). The temperature gauge stays in the middle so it’s not showing signs of overheating, I checked the oil and coolant levels and caps and they seem to be okay. Not sure if this is something to be concerned about but I have never experienced such heat on a car before so wondering if this is normal for this model. Not sure if this matters but I have the RS FWD.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
I'll have to check my fenders for heat next time I drive it. These little turbo engines do run hot and a 3cyl has to work hard to make usable power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you wouldn’t mind and letting me know I would greatly appreciate it 🙏

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
Hi Gareth,

Welcome to the forum. You have a nice looking RS.
Not that it should matter, but do you have a FWD or AWD version? I can say, I do not notice mine getting hot in those areas. What are the conditions where you live? Higher than normal air temps? Is it sitting outside? Are both sides hot? Just trying to see if there is any factors that may apply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts