Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all first post with problems want to see if anyone else is having the same problems. I have a 2021 Active and I have noticed that the drivers side seat is starting to squeak already sounds like it is coming from the plastic cover that operates all the controls. I have asked the dealer to look at it several time and they never have time " I know take it to a different dealer". I have also had an issue with the radio preset screen. I can set the presets on screen one and two but as soon as I go to screen 3 it automatically goes back to screen 1.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,045 Posts
I have seen some people mention the squeeking is caused by a molded piece of styrofoam that sits under the carpet, under the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the radio presets solved. There is a factory recall on the software. Did the update and everything works now... Still looking for answers on the front seat squeak. It seems to be coming from the control panel on the side of the seat but not sure. Seems like if you adjust the seat just a little it goes away. Also seems to be worse in the cold than when things are warmer.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
754 Posts
Well plastic makes more noise in the winter then in the heat of summer. I have countless cars through the years that plastic made noise in the winter then quiet in the summer. Nature of the plastic beast???? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well plastic makes more noise in the winter then in the heat of summer. I have countless cars through the years that plastic made noise in the winter then quiet in the summer. Nature of the plastic beast???? :)
I just had a squeak coming from the rear hatch latch that was driving me nuts over every little bump. Had it in to the dealership and they adjusted the door fitment. Didn't solve the issue. Just took it in again, and they found a piece of plastic trim that wasn't quite seated in the snaps properly. Drove to work today in silence for the first time in months!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all first post with problems want to see if anyone else is having the same problems. I have a 2021 Active and I have noticed that the drivers side seat is starting to squeak already sounds like it is coming from the plastic cover that operates all the controls. I have asked the dealer to look at it several time and they never have time " I know take it to a different dealer". I have also had an issue with the radio preset screen. I can set the presets on screen one and two but as soon as I go to screen 3 it automatically goes back to screen 1.
My 2021 trailblazer has also been squeaking so much on the driver side. It sounds like it does come from near the seat controls. Have yet to fix the squeak. Definitely worse when it’s colder out but still there in the summer

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,045 Posts
I remember someone saying there's a piece of molded styrofoam under the drivers seat that can make a squeeking sound as it rubs against the metal floorboard. I want to say it was under the carpet, but it might not be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts